Thread: FreeHAL@Home changed preferences

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

FreeHAL@Home changed preferences

Just noticed that my boinc, which was usually going through batches of 25 WU's, only had 1. So I went to the website and I see that the project admin has been messing around with the preferences so that it works well for home/school/work.

October 9, 2009
    You can set different workunit preferences for home/school/work computers now. -- Best Regards, Tobias Schulz
    Result... our preferences have been reset to 1 WU at a time.

So go to the website and set it back to 25 again guys.

I was just going to post this but I could not reach the Forum page for the last 20 minutes. Yes it is true we are back to one WU each until you reset your batches to 25 or less like I just did !!! WOot WOot I just passed my all time high on projects with 225,000 Points. On to a million!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Site Admin
    Hmmm... I had to wait until my 1 WU finished so that it would get more. But now even after resetting the options, and contacting the server I still can only get 1 WU at a time...

Anyone got it working that can give me some hints?

We are not alone, the message boards are reporting the new update is not working. Be patient as we push the admin to fix it!

EDIT: Does any one have a hog tie, a lasso will do, but we need something to beat him with after he's strapped to the chair?
    Last edited by Nflight; 10-09-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: He he he snicker snicker

Site Admin
    It is not enough just to set the default location yet, you need to add the computer explicitly to the group (e.g. home). I'm working on it.
    Regards,
    Tobias
    I've tried this, you really have to go to each of your hosts inside your account and in the bottom of the host details page set it to "Home", or one of the others.
    My 1 WU is near the end. I'll report if it works as soon as boinc contacts the server again.

EDIT: It worked!
    Last edited by NeoGen; 10-09-2009 at 04:14 PM.

I did that right away and it does work. it's a shame he didn't include an option for default (blank) location.
    Last edited by liuqyn; 10-09-2009 at 04:21 PM.

To alter what we are talking about for the less insightful, Open your account on the main page of FreeHAL@home: http://freehal.net/freehal_at_home/

Next Under the Computing and Credit: Click on 'Computers on this account'

Once open to the list of Computers you have running on this project; Click on Details and at the very bottom click the crop down box to select Home, School or Work. You must do this for each computer for the ability to download maximum capability...

Back in the FreeHAL@home preferences of the first screen where you found Computing and Credit you will also find Preferences, Under these you will need to place the selection you made to the one of the three locations to the amount of Work Units you want to have running at the same time.

Happy Crunching...

Geez... What a P.I.T.A.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    That's GREAT! Now I can crunch some more because none of my machines have the same amount of RAM per core or even the same amount of RAM.

This will work well for me.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------