Thread: The new 3D graphics king.

The new 3D graphics king.

The link looks technical at first but scroll down to find that its real world details in priced GPu's we can afford!

http://ixbtlabs.com/articles3/video/cypress-p1.html

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I'm waiting for the 5870x2 so I can really chew up GPU wu's. Some are saying that ATI might release by end of Oct to coincide with Windows 7. we'll see...

just buy two 5870s now and 2 5870 x2's later :P

Interesting thread posted by Beyond on the ARS Technical forum:

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/...m/737006971041

Assuming the stuff is accurate things aren't boding well for Nvidia. Like they spent too much time worrying about maximizing the bucks they could make on their cards and not enough on being concerned about the engineering end of things. The referenced urls also don't get into the software issues as demonstrated by the compiler problem that resulted in incomplete completed work units on RC5-72. But unfortunately this most likely means that ATI/AMD will be without serious competition for at least a while. So I hope they don't end up sitting on their laurels spinning wheels waiting for competition to appear before they improve their latest products.

It is nice though to see something pan out well for AMD after their run of hard luck on the cpu's.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    It would be funny to see, if Intel purchased NVidia now the next generation of gpu's would be a duel between pairs, Intel/NVidia vs AMD/ATI.