Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: One Last Enigma@home burst? (project is ending the next 10-20 days)

Enigma has gotten some serious horsepower with NeoGen and myself screaming full out at the moment. Sure I am behind because I wanted to finish my previous projects goals when you passed me full tilt. So why not take this project all the way to 100 Million each, are you with me NeoGen?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I installed a new Graphics driver and I am out of the race at this time, seems all WU's end in computational error.

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I installed a new Graphics driver and I am out of the race at this time, seems all WU's end in computational error.
    Perform a rollback on your driver then

I had to drop back a few versions of Nvidia driver otherwise I got immediate "Computation error".

I just kept on downloading and installing the older drivers until I got one that worked with each machine. They were all Win 7 64.

At the moment I have removed all versions till I got at least Moo Wrapper to work at this time. All other GPU WU's fail. Eventually the others will adjust to the new Drivers and I will once again be able to join the foray. As for falling back to different versions I could not find previous drivers as all are removed when installing new ones. I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER...
    Last edited by Nflight; 04-28-2018 at 06:41 PM.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Enigma has gotten some serious horsepower with NeoGen and myself screaming full out at the moment. Sure I am behind because I wanted to finish my previous projects goals when you passed me full tilt. So why not take this project all the way to 100 Million each, are you with me NeoGen?
    Bit late to reply, but yes, I'm on it and chugging away! Let's try to get the Team up to top 20

do they have GPU units? and if so, better with AMD or Nvidia?

They have GPU units! And they're better with AMD

are they done? (on the GPU side) ...been sitting for 8 hours with no work on both an Nvidia and AMD

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I think not, I got plenty of GPU workunits for Enigma.... oops, I might have accidentally hogged them all

But no, I think the site is just slow, you might have to keep trying, even manually refreshing if needed, and make sure you have a large buffer when you finally get them. Even just visiting the site half the times I get a 503 Service Unavailable error on the browser.

According to their Server Status page (which only loaded after 3 tries) they have millions of available WUs for GPU.

Plus also check BOINCs event log, BOINC may sometimes not download if it feels that it's buffer is already full or it's "not the highest priority project".
    Last edited by NeoGen; 05-08-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast