Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: One Last Enigma@home burst? (project is ending the next 10-20 days)

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Guess it's finished for now, but there will be more soon
    November 16, 2009
    The server is out of work, for two reasons: the M4 server is out of work, because the awgly keyspace is finished. Also, I was going to run one of the other known unbroken messages while waiting for Stefan Krah to update the M4 server, but unfortunately during the last few hours one of the BOINC server's hard drives failed.
    Luckily nothing seems to be damaged except one table which contains unimportant log data, but until I'll fully diagnose and fix the problem, I'm taking all the daemons offline.
    It's also possible that later today I'll shutdown the server to replace the drive.

I thought I would stop in and noticed the Project is still going full bore. That stoppage was temporary I suppose. Well here I am once again re-starting an old post from EoN's again. So I decided to re-energize my position as it seems I am now in 59th gawd awful place. Lets see If I can rummage up some new cruncher activity on this old forgotten project! Too Bad Liuqyn won't be responding anymore, that was a shame he just left us and never returned...

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

EoN is not Enigma@Home
    You're 59th in the team with Einstein@Home
    Enigma-wise you can be found on 53rd place within the team.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-15-2016 at 10:43 PM.

Yeah I often wondered what happened to Liuqin.
    I tried to get some Enigma tasks today but it wouldn't send any, then I got the message about you tried to soon blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    EoN is not Enigma@Home
    You're 59th in the team with Einstein@Home
    Enigma-wise you can be found on 53rd place within the team.
    Yup I was confused the other day Dirk. But look at my standings now, things changed for the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Yup I was confused the other day Dirk. But look at my standings now, things changed for the better!
    You sure did put out a mighty effort on Enigma there, Nflight! 17th now, and all chances of climbing even further.

I have decided since this project is on point in supplying Work units and they provide good returns in points, to push to 25M on this project. With additional help we may push our standings even higher than they are now!

You've bought yourself a nice GPU it seems, as this project is now heavily centered on CUDA and OpenCL.
    My poor Raspberries, which I used for Enigma for so long, are now doing WEP-M+2...

No sooner do I speak highly of the project than it pukes on me, seems the upload and download servers are not working. Though I do have 3 days work remaining on my system till they come back online!
    Last edited by Nflight; 09-28-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: missing words

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast