Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: One Last Enigma@home burst? (project is ending the next 10-20 days)

Plonk420 - We could sure use your power on the Enigma Project, I see you have not figured out the problem yet, can we help you get over the hurdle of getting work units to download ?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I see you have not figured out the problem yet
    If the problem is never-ending WUs, I haven't figured out the problem either...

What happened NeoGen? Suddenly you disappeared...

Maybe he is getting ready for Primegrid in the BOINC Pentathlon starting in less than a day. The GPU project PPS Sieve is very generous for points.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Actually no... it was me, I did a little blunder here with my home firewall settings and lost connection for a while until I figured out the problem.
    Well, kind of, I didn't actually figure out the problem, I just removed it for the time being. I tried using Squid as transparent proxy and for a little bit it was working but it crashed somehow, and I couldn't get it back up and running. I'll have to try again some other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Plonk420 - We could sure use your power on the Enigma Project, I see you have not figured out the problem yet, can we help you get over the hurdle of getting work units to download ?
    still haven't figured it out. i thought it might have been space, too, as well, so i got up to 10GB free, but that didn't help, either

edit: i've tried with a Haswell with 1060 3GB with no older than 6 month drivers, Nehalem with HD7790 1GB with 14.12 drivers (newest i can install on Server 2007 R2), 2400G with 2GB reserved for GPU newest or second newest drivers (has worked for 1M points on MW@Home)

edit2: just realized Nvidia had > 100GB free
    Last edited by plonk420; 05-13-2018 at 05:51 AM.

NEEEEVER MIND, figured it out. have to use "test applications" -_-

edit: new concern: HD7790 seems to have returned 3+ results so far, and none are showing up on the site, whereas 2 Nvidia ones have. hopefully it's just a weird lag? not entirely sure...

edit2: nevermind again, it seems it just took almost an hour for the AMD units to show up :I

edit3: wow, i just realized i started this thread quite a long time ago. even if i do a quick burn, seems i may pass Liuqyn, who blew my doors off at the start of the thread! :D
    Last edited by plonk420; 05-13-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Congratulations Plonk420 welcome to the foray, glad things worked themselves out! Sometimes those who look at every angle solve their own problems then trying to describe the problem to all of us and hope you understand the simplicity most problems usualy are. Glad its working for you, NeoGen would like to take this Team effort to 20th place but I think with the new help (you kind sir) we should be able to hit and maintain 18th place pretty easy.

Let's GO TEAM !

it's probably not going to be a longterm GPU project... i prefer ones with a tangible but also useful goal like Einstein or Milkyway. but hopefully we can get somewhere with a bit of a push!

and to think it took CPU months or years for me to get to 414K points or so... and less than a day to get that with GPUs :D
    Last edited by plonk420; 05-14-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Seems we woke up BOINC@Australia, if ever there was a time to be a little more productive, this is the time!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast