Thread: New Music service website

Red face New Music service website

Earlier this evening, a friend posted a link onto Facebook about a new music website.

This site is http://8tracks.com.

The interesting thing is instead of searching through tons of individual files or letting a computer randomly pick music for you, the users of this site can upload and create their own mixes of songs for anyone to listen to.

So, I was game and created an account. The process is relatively simple and straight forward in creating your own mix. Also, the creators of this site appear to be adding functionality and other sources to listen to the music [ iPhone, Blackberry, etc. ] in the future.

However, the playback of the mix is like Pandora where you can only skip so many songs in an hour. Other than that, the quality of playback is as good as your source files uploaded.

If anyone would care to listen, I did go ahead and create a small mix while I was on the site.

You can listen at http://8tracks.com/gipper/gipper-s-random-mix-20091022.

I like your mix. I think I have every one of those on cd somewhere.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Nice selection of oldies you got there Gipper.

I actually prefer the Soul Man song as played by the Blues Brothers, but other than that I knew almost all and they're really nice.

Thanks for listening. Glad that you both enjoyed it.

I'll probably be adding a few more mixes every now and then in case anyone else interested.