Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bang Crash Poof its gone

Bang Crash Poof its gone

Yes to those who know - - - I am down to one system now. Computer failure has occurred and I am reluctant in fielding a replacement at this time!

I will be on infrequently and will return with more of a system hopefully all AMD If I have my say in it!

God Speed

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Sorry to hear that Nflight. Any ideas what failed?

That just means its time to upgrade.

Bang Crash Poof its gone

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellds View Post
    That just means its time to upgrade.
    Exactly and this time it is a forced replacement not a voluntary action... Hopefully everything will work out for the best!

No Clue what happened or why, one minute I had access to the web and now I don't. It is software not hardware failure!

While thinking about all the possibilities to recover the data, and how. I contemplated tossing the box in front of a moving train, this of course would be foolish as the Box can not move itself out of the way of the oncoming train. You know, scare the begeezes out of the box and hope it repairs itself!

Repair or replacement is still on, updates will come eventually!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

you could just go through the motions to throw it in front of that train, but then at the last second pull back while explaining that next time you won't be so forgiving.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    That only works if we're talking about an Intel based machine. Because otherwise its pointless, AMD machines don't let themselves be intimidated.

well, I figured it must have been an intel because AMDs never breakdown...

so its the software that failed you, not the hardware. Good. Just reinstall from daily/weekly image backup, or remote data backup that we know your using.

I started using the below service a month ago. 54 bucks a year with unlimited backup, limited by only your network connection.

http://www.carbonite.com

Software failures should be easy. If safe-mode doesn't work, load a new OS into a different directory then recovery any files you want from the old directory.

Or boot from a Live CD.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

I second this. Worth every cent.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellds View Post
    so its the software that failed you, not the hardware. Good. Just reinstall from daily/weekly image backup, or remote data backup that we know your using.

I started using the below service a month ago. 54 bucks a year with unlimited backup, limited by only your network connection.

http://www.carbonite.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast