Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vBulletin - New Version - Donations Needed!!

vBulletin - New Version - Donations Needed!!

Hello everyone,

vBulletin is releasing a new, feature-rich version if its software.

Check it out at vBulletin.com and see if this is something we should consider. The upgrade cost is $160 dollars but includes a content management system. We have a CMS now but it is a hacked add on that usually breaks while patching to a new version. This is why I am reluctant to always implement the newest release.

Let me know what you think.

Jeff

Lets do it... want to set up for donations again ??

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

I apologize, but I will not be able to donate at this time... Money is super super tight.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I went to the vbulletin website to check it out and man, those screenshots look nice. But they would look even better with our AMD Users skin on.

The array of features and possibilities is immense, full content management system, website article posting (like we do for the news, but way better), forums, individual blogs, anti-spam system, etc...

I think that all of it for $160 is a great deal, seeing that we have to pay something like half of that every year or so just to keep the license we have now, and we don't get to have half of those toys they're offering there. And it will even fix once and for all the problems Jeff has with the current CMS.

Jeff, you are the admin with the tools and know-how for the job. If you think it's worth it, and you're willing to sacrifice some time and patience to convert our little website here into a next-gen website, you have my support!

P.S. - If vBulletin had also attached a fancy new wiki system for our wiki site I'd be in heaven.

It does look nice doesn't it

There was a pre-order deal if you ordered before October 31'st to save a few bucks, not too much so I wouldn't worry much about it.

I ordered ours a few weeks ago, I just wish I knew when it would be released! They just say before the end of the year, hopefully..

Please note that you need to completely redo your theme from scratch this time around, they are NOT providing an upgrade option for that..

Bok

Yeah I figured a new theme would have to be build. I'm hoping, though, that the creation of the theme will be easier with the new version.

I've already talked to our graphics guy and he has agreed to assist.

If you think we should upgrade, and can afford to donate, send donations to donations@amdusers.com

I know that money is tight with a lot of people right now, including myself. So if you are unable to donate - we understand .

Funds sent by Paypal.

Thanks Vaughan!

Also thanks to RamJet (Jason1478963)!!

Looks like they stole some design ideas from Joomla, looks nice though.

I would donate, but funds are tight here too and I did donate last time round

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast