AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Sad but good
    we are invited to MoneyBee2.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Nope, not interested. That's another one that I invested in heavily and then it was dropped by the D.C. Vault, and now just ending period. I think that about does it for me folks. Time to find another hobby that has a bit more permanence to it and doesn't cost an arm and a leg in technology hardware upgrades and operating expenses. Ain't fun no more.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    Time to find another hobby that has a bit more permanence to it and doesn't cost an arm and a leg in technology hardware upgrades and operating expenses. Ain't fun no more.
    One project that was around before I (and many others) was into Distributed Computing and that still is around by now is SETI@Home. I think you can't get any more permanent than that.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    One project that was around before I (and many others) was into Distributed Computing and that still is around by now is SETI@Home. I think you can't get any more permanent than that.
    And it supports CUDA cards, not fancy double precision shite but plain old vanilla CUDA capable GPUs.

ps. Its generous with points too.

The days of CPU projects are over.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    LOL, true. Seti has definitely had it's ups and downs. I used to thrive on it until the boinc thing came along. Maybe one of these days I might fire off a boinc system on a gpu and see how it goes, but I'm not really motivated much towards anything boinc. It's just that I've gotten rather tired of dumping bucks into the bottomless pit, and then also putting up with the wife's complaining about the utility bills on top of complaining about my toys. Just getting old and wore down. Years ago there was an excitement to it. The forums were all very active and everyone was really into this stuff. I think all I've managed to accomplish is to grow older and spend money...............

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    I think all I've managed to accomplish is to grow older and spend money...............
    Brucifer, Must I remind you of your numerous past feats in Distributed Computing? From the information I gathered for AMD Users I can testify that you have accommplished alot over the years. And that is only within our Team here, I am sure you have accomplished even more with other teams or maybe solo.

World champion in XtremLab (first run)
    National champion in XtremLab (first run)
    Team champion in XtremLab (first run), Distributed.Net OGR25, Riesel Sieve (Sieve), Distributed.Net OGR26, D2OL

Plus participation in several other projects, and over 30 primes discovered. Check your AMD Users Wiki page

http://www.amdusers.com/wiki/tiki-in...ber%3ABrucifer

That's 1 of only 2 projects I did.
    Just 1 left.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Quote Originally Posted by Ototero View Post
    That's 1 of only 2 projects I did.
    Just 1 left.
    and what's the other one........... rc5????

Yes Bruce, actually both the Dnets. Very stable, never any issues with them. Except of course non-expiring CUDA clients!
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast