Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Popping In

Popping In

Thought I'd pop in and say hi

Been a while since I've been here and a while since I have been DC'ing. You'll notice I'm outputting some data on RC5-72 - one core of my work laptop is going through some units so you'll hopefully see some points from me there

Been a while since I last came in here - since then I've come back to uni to do a PhD as I completed my previous undergrad degree and I'm a year in. Still no distributed computing fire modelling application yet so you've got my help on distributed.net for a while - it's a far nicer client than either BOINC or Folding@home and it doesn't seem to force as much heat out so here's to rising through the ranks a bit!

BTW, every now and then I'll dump a few unit though my HD 3850 for fun. Cant quite afford to run that full time though...

Good to see ya drezha, phd ?? what discipline ??

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

school is good!!!

Remaining within construction - I'm studying the affects of a new fire code on the building industry in the UK. Well that amongst some other bits and pieces.

I would have remained in industry but with the recession, I was laid off 3 months after being employed by a company so now I'm back working - what gets me is that the comapny I work for is one of my project sponsors so in essence I'm still working for them

Popping In

Good To see you have not forgot about us Drezha, we always welcome old timers who stop in for a breathe of fresh air!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Great to see you drezha!

We'll be looking forward to that fire modelling project anytime you start it. When you got it ready just give us a heads up and you'll see it go up in flames!

While I'd love to setup a project, I think it's a bit beyond me currently lol. And probably a bit beyond the software... unless everyone wants to run models that take as long to run as CPDN lol!

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Hey, Drezha.
    great to see your post.
    Don't short change your model calculation experiments in ideas
    long models can often be broken down
    some people prefer long models as long as there are checkpoints and trickle-ups are a bonus.
    The key also is that once you start to implement a long term model you usually get the insight into it that reveals a much shorter way (zivis, sciLink, etc...)
    If there is a case for DC implementation (ie volume and duration and ROI) for your project then it should at least be considered and ruled in or out of scope against some criteria (something that can be evaluated and decided upon)
    If the duration is long and the decomposed scale is small enough for a desktop pc then a small scale test should be run with lots of evaluation criteria to validate proof of concept and ROI.
    Then, in the rare event that it works out nicely and you go to 'alpha', we would be very pleased to provide an exclusive AMD Users Test Group :D
    Whether any of that happens or not, best of luck with your project model.
    Hope we get to see the paper ;)
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Good to see you back again.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Don't be shy about those RC5 points now..................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast