Thread: New vBulletin required - Donations needed!

New vBulletin required - Donations needed!

Hey guys,

I know money is tight for most of us, including myself. But I just received an email from the vBulletin people:

You are receiving this email because one or more of your vBulletin licenses or services will expire in four weeks. Please read this email to learn about important changes to the vBulletin product offerings. The annual subscription and leased license products are no longer available. We are offering a one-time owned license for our Forum and Suite products - visit www.vbulletin.com to learn more.

If this is a support service, a renewal is necessary to be able to continue using the service.

If this is an owned license, you can continue to run your current version but will not have access to software updates. If this is a leased license, immediate action is required in order to continue running the software. You must purchase a license under the new terms in order to continue running the software or remove the software from your website.

If you would like to renew your support service or upgrade your license to a 4 series license, you can do so by visiting http://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php

Remember to login in order to view your account.

Your customer number is J75076F416DC. Here are the licenses we have on file for you:

VBF6***37 -- vBulletin 3.x Forum (Owned); expires: Apr 17th '10; set to: amdusers.com

The upgrade cost to regular vBulletin forum is 175 dollars and the vBulletin suite is 250. The nice thing about these new licenses is that they include free product upgrades and lifetime licenses. So, I shouldn't have to ask for donations anymore for vBulletin (although our hosting fees will require donations still).

Anyway - if we are unable to come up with the money AMDUsers will have to shut down April 17 - vBulletin requires us to do so.

So if you are interested in donating please paypal it to donations@amdusers.com

If you want to send something via US Mail PM me for my address.

Again, I know money is tight. I'll scrape together what I can to help out the cause too.

Thanks,

Jeff

Donation sent.

Still had your addy from the last time Jeff. I've put a check in the mail to you. Also sent you a PM, so we don't end up the same as last time either.

I'm in as well.

Thanks for your donations you guys. I think we'll be okay this time around!

Makes one wonder why they came up and did this with such short notice, etc. Like are they in a real cash crunch and are putting the squeeze on their customers? They play many games like this and they will start noticing that their customer base is moving on.

Bucks have become a real issue for about everything. Everything is increasing in cost, but unfortunately the wages of the working stiffs that have to carry the whole load are pretty stagnant and that's if they are the lucky ones that still have a job.

The traffic on these boards/forums all over the place in the distributed computing world has significantly fallen off. None of the big teams has the volume of active members that they used to have, none of them. Hopefully things will come back to some degree at some point in time. So it is very important that we keep our team board going. Whether people can contribute or not isn't really important, not as important as keeping people visiting the boards and participating in the posting and all. So I would seriously hope that people that can't contribute don't feel that they shouldn't be visiting or posting because everyone is needed. People that keep the forums active are just as important as the few that can pay the tab but may not have the time to actively participate. The team and forum needs all of the members.

This is a hobby for most of us. There are also others that this is their only outlet for entertainment and maintaining contact with other folks. So please continue your visits here with us. It's more than a team here, it's a family, and everyone is important just for being here.

Donations

Okay folks! Looks like we'll have enough donations. I'll purchase the upgrade this weekend hopefully.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Bum, it's a week since I was online, (connection issues at my B&B) couldn't even upload the stats sometimes. So I missed the call to arms.

Oh well, next time.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it