Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to AMDUsers.com

WOW, I am Soooo lost. I can't for the life of me find that thread about AMD introducing the 8 and 12 core cpus. Does anybody know where that resides? Also, I noticed our logo uses one whole core while it is displayed. If you scroll down past it, the cpu usage drops from 25% down to 4%. No big deal, just an observation.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Yup, I can confirm what Ramjet said, the CPU just spikes when the banner is showing.
    Not sure if I was supposed to be able to see this, but I could find my way to the list of images on the site, and I found the flash animation for the banner. Running it alone on an empty tab on firefox, it raises a core up to 50%, so there might be more stuff besides that also pushing the cpu to work.

EDIT: Ramjet, I can't find the thread either. I believe that the guys are still trying to work out the bugs off the system and we lost viewing privileges to the news section. I can't find see the news forum section or see any of the posted news on the main page. Let's wait a little more, the guys are working behind the stages to get things right.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 05-01-2010 at 06:38 AM.

Ramjet - it is in the News forum.

I never noticed that about the logo CPU usage. i'll see if we can optimize it some.

I believe the News forums should be fixed now.

Site Admin
    Yup, I am seeing the news forum section now. And the news box in the main page is not empty like it was. Everything is back to normal!

By the way... can the number of posts in the boxes be increased? Only 3 most recent posts in each makes some threads get lost in the crowd.

And.... I GOT A WIKI LINK! WOOHOO!!!

p.s.: Jeff... is this a good time to nag you for an upgrade or different wiki software? I'm sure I told you the one we got now is quite buggy. (and old by nowadays standards) If you do decide to change, warn me to do a full backup. If you get a different package and the pages can't be transferred, no problem, I'll type them up again on the new package.

EDIT: Not sure if this is normal, but when we post shouldn't the browser load the last page of the thread? I just noticed on this thread that has two pages, after posting I was presented with the top of the first page again.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 05-03-2010 at 01:29 AM. Reason: added text

Jorge, send me an email at amdusers@gmail.com to remind me about the Wiki upgrade. Now is a good time to do it, I think.

Thanks,

JEff

Also, does the incorrect page loading bug affect forum posts or only this post?

Site Admin
    Email sent!

Now that you ask... yea, that is odd, it's just this one thread that has that effect, the other threads on the forum seem to work right.
    This seems to be a normal thread like any other in the forums, but then again it has a different presentation... I don't know if it is anything related to that.

Site Admin
    Everything seems to be running smoothly now. The only remaining issues I guess are the power hungry flash banner, and a new one that I spotted. It seems that those tiny green "Go to last post" arrows on the mainpage don't actually jump to the last post of the threads. Can anything be done about that?

I have a static logo that I will replace it with as soon as I have a free moment. I'm at work now . I'll investigate the go to last post arrows.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast