Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to AMDUsers.com

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I remember Empty_5oul had some good skills for it... I remember he tried to create a new theme for the wiki some years ago. But he hasn't been around as much lately due to college life.
    Does someone have his email or something so we try to contact him?

The site is easier on the CPU now. I also like the current theme as I think the black background is easier on the eyes and possibly the display power consumption. It also helps the dead pixel in my laptop blend in

Site Admin
    Hey Jeff

What happened to the affiliates links?
    Every once in a while I clicked on one of them to generate a few cents towards the Team. And we could even use them to make purchases which would benefit the Team.

Are they not usable in this new version of vBulletin?

Site Admin
    Jeff... is there any way to make in the recent posts box to appear first the title of the thread and then the text? It's confusing to start reading something and only afterwords to see what it is related to.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Jeff... is there any way to make in the recent posts box to appear first the title of the thread and then the text? It's confusing to start reading something and only afterwords to see what it is related to.
    That widget is preinstalled. I can't find a way to reverse it.

On another topic, I'm thinking I need to turn the administrative responsibilities over to someone else. I've had a major life event last weekend and I don't think I have enough time to manage the site anymore.

Site Admin
    Sorry to hear jeff... I don't know what kind of a major life event you mean but it sounds something not so good... I hope you and your family are all ok.

I thought we had a good set of administrators already, along with you there is Vaughan, Beerknurd and AMDave, aren't they sharing the workload with you?
    I will gladly apply to the "job" if we need it, but I might need some coaching in the initial stages. Although I'm a software developer (specialized in windows .NET languages), and I can develop some backend code for websites (in .NET/ASP) I never managed one, or even had a website of my own, so I have never seen how it is and what goes on behind the stages.

So, if you or one of the other admins coach me I'll gladly join you guys

That is bad news Jeff. I hope things sort out for you and life gets easier. I'm sure NeoGen would be an excellent Administrator. Personally, my real life workload is still 110 percent so I'm not visiting as often as I used to, or it might be a quick look whilst I'm in an airport lounge waiting for yet another plane.

Oh, guys, its great news. We found out last weekend that my wife is about 7 weeks pregnant. We are very excited, but at the same time, we are very nervous. This will be our first child and I am a little stressed out!! I tend to be a research nut and I'm sure I'll be spending a lot time reading and preparing for my new life adventure.

We do have a great team of admins and mods. But things like themes and widgets etc is stuff that I normally handle. I will still be here and handling some things but I need some help with the retheme!! I just don't have the time to redo it. Also, the widget on the front page is in reverse order like Neo said. I've spent hours looking for a suitable replacement but haven't been able to come up with anything.

Site Admin
    Man you scared me with that thing of the major life event! My imagination has a tendency to lean to the worst case scenario... it's a software developer's curse!
    But congratulations Jeff! That is great news!!

If you thought running this website was too much for you at times, wait until young little jeff comes along... changing diapers, preparing bottles, sleepless nights, making sure everything is sterilized, baby-proofing the house... you're in for a big ride!

But hey...it's the ride of a lifetime, and those who are dads (I am not yet) always say that it's hard but it's one of the best things of their lives.

Best wishes to the two of you (or should I say three?) and that everything goes well in the next 7 or 8 months!

Congratulations Jeff and to your wife too. Make the most of the peaceful time now because the little bundle of joy will arrive all too soon and boy are you in for a busy time then. Sleepless nights ... I remember them well; that's why we quit Project Baby@Home after one work unit

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast