Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Charity Project - SuperDonate

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I believe the application does use multiple cores, but the work available for it is very little yet, so it just sits there waiting most of the time. I keep Boinc running on something and SuperDonate started, and when SuperDonate gets work it stops boinc and works on its own for the time it needs. And then boinc takes back the CPU and everything goes as normal.

SuperDonate takes over the CPU because it runs by default at higher priority than Boinc, but since it runs so very little each day I don't even bother. I just wish it didn't have to take 500Mb of RAM when it is just sitting idle waiting for work.

My charity of choice was also the nature conservancy. It was the one that most appealed to me from all the ones in the list. But I might do some others one of these days.

Site Admin
    Wow... something must have been wrong on the stats before and has been corrected, because we just got a nearly 40k boost and 2 ranks up!
    And it's not something me or Lagu did because there hasn't been almost any workunits available.

We are now ranked #5 of 20 teams. This is a good spot but tough to get any higher. We have close to 83,000 points, and #4 has 325,000!

If the Superdonate project admins are seeing this... We need more workunits please!!!

Team SuperDonate as have 7 members takes it all. But what charity did they run?

Yesterday we ran 108 of wish I had 64
    Today we ran 90 of wish I had 23

What charity did you choose? Or did you change between them? I runs the Nature Conservancy.

Now I test Invisible Youth Network.

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Site Admin
    I'm still running the Nature Conservancy. I was thinking of testing others too to see how well it would do.

If that one runs better, tell me and I'll change too

Yes, I will!

NeoGen, did you use the clients default setting or hawe you change and use your own setting? I use default setting.

I discovered a fun thing. In USA they use the word "Roster" about their players set up. Is that a new word you have learned? I use to see NHL (Detroit) as have many Swedes playing and there I notised the word Roster.

Lagu
    Last edited by Lagu; 06-11-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Site Admin
    I went to the options to put the CPU Usage to 90% (maximum allowed) on both computer in use and idle options, and pulled the seconds of inactivity to idle to zero (always idle).

Those were the only changes I did, but still I get very little work.

I've heard the word Roster too, but I'm not used to it. I prefer team lineup for example.

Yesterday 59 Wu:s
    Today so far 120, a total of 178 when running Invisible Youth Network using one core. I continue run it for some days.

And you NeoGen running the charity you have been used to?

Lagu

Site Admin
    Last night I changed to the Water charity to try it. I got a few more workunits than the last few days but not many still. I'll keep running it a little more to see how it goes.

Today i got 32 only. It is too bad. But the charity is a lottery i guess.

Lagu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast