Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Charity Project - SuperDonate

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

New Charity Project - SuperDonate

Hey guys

I found a new charity project called SuperDonate. They apparently use our CPU cycles to solve computing problems for organizations that pay them, and they donate the money earned to different charity organizations.

Website - http://www.superdonate.org/

It has client apps for Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX, and it seems pretty simple and straightforward to use, you register on the site, make the login on the client, choose your favorite charity and it starts working.

I'm not sure if they are out of work right now but mine isn't using any CPU power, but is taking up 500Mb of RAM. You might want to run this alongside something else to keep the CPU busy.

I created the AMD Users Team, so if you register, join us here:
    http://www.superdonate.org/team/info/18

Site Admin
    Well, after a day of it working I can say that it works all right, but a few things came up...
    - It runs at normal priority level, which means it takes over any other running project. But running at normal priority is not so bad in this case because along the day you get very little time when it actually has work to crunch, so you can have it running alongside boinc, and whenever it gets work it'll take over for a few minutes and then let cpu back to boinc.
    - I cannot tell if it is multicore-ready or not. I haven't really sat down and wait to see it working.

But now for the good news... with only my contribution yet, our Team is already #12 on the roster!
    http://www.superdonate.org/team/list/
    (Ototero... team stats? wink! wink! )

Join in guys and we can get this up real quick.

I take it it is not a BOINC Project?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I take it it is not a BOINC Project?
    Nope, not a boinc project. It's a very simple client app, you might just want to go to the options once and set the cpu usage to maximum (when working), and forget about it. Besides that, choosing the charity, and the registration/login I haven't had to do anything else.

Site Admin

Site Admin
    Hey guys... no one here wants to join me and spare a core to a charity project?

We are now ranked #9, but rising steadily and getting close to the teams in #8 and #7, we should get both those spots in the next few days.

Come on fellows, it's for a good cause.

Site Admin
    We are now ranked 7th guys

It took a while longer than expected, there was a shortage of workunits for a while.

Spot #6 is on sight, but that team has two guys... they don't seem to be very active lately but I'll try to sneak quietly to not wake them up. I'm only one against two.

EDIT: And check the top posts for info on how to join me.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 05-19-2010 at 05:10 AM.

Site Admin
    We're still ranked #7, I haven't been able to catch up with the guys above us. There has been shortage of workunits, and I have a PicEvolvr workunit that has been hogging my cpu for 200+ hours and I can't seem to get rid of it.

Come on guys, join me on this, it's a charity project... it's for a good cause.

Neogen!

I will do the most exiting I have done running projects. I will join and help you!

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Now we is two.

I guess peoples not like if a project stopp say 3 other and it weiil be a delay in running time. I have no other running so i would be OK. It will be exiting se how it goes. What do you run? I have choosed The Nature Concervancy as seem be default. But it is little work yet. Did you know if their agent use several cores? I would like have vork as run continuously

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast