Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DynaPing needs YOU!

Feel free to use mine!!!! Neo has my weak account key!!!

I have no idea why others points have dropped on my key, nothing changed from when they were running fast and then all of a sudden they all dropped to nearly nothing. my internet connection only effects my local host.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Some people stopped running, and others asked me for different account keys to help others and "share the wealth"... but I also didn't think everyone would switch/stop at the same time...
    You guys that are running for Liuqyn... can you see on your hosts (on his hosts list) if the credits are lower than they should be? I think the good workunits are around 300 credits each...

Or... Liuqyn, did you change the settings on the project lately? Just to make sure, go to your account and double check if the project preferences are as they are supposed to be. I don't think they should have changed, but just to make sure...

I'm having problems with the project now. BOINC keeps reporting "DynaPing Message from server: pinger needs 9.54MB more disk space. You currently have 0.00 MB available and it needs 9.54 MB." I have a lots of free space and resetting the project does not help. Any solutions?

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    BOINC has specific settings to how much free space it can use, and RAM, and sometimes that can be a pain... For example if BOINC was allowed only to use 200Mb of space on the hard drive, and there was a project that you were running that used 190 of those, you would have a hard time getting any other project running because they would all cry out "no hard drive space" even if you had an empty 1Tb hard drive there... it's a configurations thing.

I think normally the preferences are set on the boinc account of a project, and then boinc connects to it, reads the preferences you set and applies them locally on the computers, but you can also go to the Options menu, click Preferences, and set them manually for that specific machine you are trying to get running. You will see a tab called "Disk and memory usage", and that should have options there to increase the amount of space you want to reserve for boinc.

Hope that helps

After fiddling around with some settings in the tab, I got it working. Thanks NeoGen. I've looked at the tab before, but never really touched it since I have quite a bit of hard drive space.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Aw bmmr.
    I fell out of the daily top ten.
    S'cuse me for an hour or so.
    I have to go and Borg something with a license. :evilgrin:

/ed -
    done.
    plus 1.
    planning a sneak attack on a family laptop to make plus two :rockin:
    - ed/
    Last edited by AMDave; 08-04-2010 at 10:59 AM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

AMDave Like you, I asked a friend who is not part of our team but never shuts his system off either. So I gained 2 more systems. I also garnered another team mate through a weak account key. AMDave if you want to hand over your weak account key, I am sure Ramjet or Vaughan with their mighty arrays can set you up with a system or two. Just trying to help!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Great work Nflight.

NeoGen has my key for distribution.
    All hail the AMD Users Gauntlet Meister, NeoGen!
    He's doing a terrific job co-ordinating our volunteers.

I already saw 2 other boxen on my list recently.
    THANKS FOR JUMPING ON BOARD GUYS! :wave:

Our 7 day average is still increasing.
    Last edited by AMDave; 08-04-2010 at 12:26 PM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

due to a family member moving away this weekend with her two kids, I will be sending 4 comps along to a home with better internet(if she gets it online right away), so my output should start going up again soon.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast