Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: DynaPing needs YOU!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

DynaPing needs YOU!

Hey guys!

I wanted to ask you all if possible to help AMD Users on the DynaPing project. We are ranked #6, and very close to catching up with #5 (PBToyz) and not too far from #4 (Free-DC)

DynaPing (http://dynaping.com/boinc.php) is a BOINC project, that doesn't consume CPU (you can run it alongside anything else), and just uses very little internet connection to check regularly if a long list of websites are online or if they're having network problems. (And alert their admins if they do)

The project is closed for account creation but 7 lucky fellows of our Team got in.

My proposal is... would you guys be willing to run this on someone else's account and help the Team reach higher?

I am currently running it under Liuqyn's account (one of the lucky 7), I asked and he kindly gave me his DynaPing weak account number and I set it up here and have been contributing for the Team for a while already.

The lucky 7 people are vaughan, Nflight, Liuqyn, sentient_life, bwhite, Beerknurd and AMDave. I'm sure any of them would gladly share their weak account key with you fellows for pushing the Team higher.

And yea, I know you all would like your own accounts instead of giving credits to them, but until they open account creation it won't be possible. So, think of it as a TEAM PUSH!
    Ask here for a weak account key from one of these guys, or PM them for it. Let's all work together to get our Team up!

EDIT: Liuqyn gave me permission to give his key, so if you guys want to use it, PM himself or me. Instructions to use it are on the third post of this thread
    Last edited by NeoGen; 07-01-2010 at 06:46 AM.

Hi to the lucky seven,
    has someone such a weak account key he can pm me??
    and if that is the case can you add how the file should be named and what should be standing inside??Where exactly should i place it??
    (I´ve never done that before)

greetings vel.
    mihi deliberandum est....

Site Admin
    I can't share the weak account that was given to me, but I can point you to the instructions on how to use it

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Weak_account_keys

feel free to pass out my key to whoever wants it, just do it with PMs.

Site Admin
    In that case I'll post an edit to the top post saying that if anyone would like Liuqyn's account key to PM him or myself, as I have been given permission to copy-paste his key (not breaking copyrights! )

Velociraptor... if by now you haven't received keys in your PMs by anyone else, PM me and I'll send you Liuqyn's key.

Site Admin
    Liuqyn... you have now one more supporter!

I passed on your key to Velociraptor, he should be already showing up in your stats.

Anyone else up for a Team Push on DynaPing?

Site Admin
    We have just reached #5 and left PBToyz behind! Congratulations guys!!

Next target is Free-DC. They're somewhat further away, we could use more help. Anyone else wanna join the team push?

Site Admin
    We have just crossed the 450,000 credits milestone!!
    We are crunching 3x more than our fellows above us, Free-DC. They are about 45k away from us. Even so at current rate it will still take us a month to catch up with them, so come on guys, let's all gang up together and blow everyone away!

I remind again that this project is NOT cpu intensive, it can run alongside anything else you got, on any old machine as long as it's connected to the internet.

Account creation is closed but we can use our fellow members weak account keys to crunch on their behalf and push the Team up. Read the top post for more info on the idea!

Site Admin
    And just last night Liuqyn made roadkill out of bwhite on the teams stats, raising up to 3rd place, Nflight beware, you're the next target!

With our current push Liuqyn is already World #30, and USA's #12! But we got 6 other guys we can also help besides Liuqyn (check first post), and every credit goes towards the Team total.
    So does anyone wanna help Nflight secure his #2 spot? Just PM him for the weak account key.

Come on guys, if we all get together as a Team we can tackle Free-DC and get their World #4 spot!

As I've said in reply to NeoGen's PM. I'll be happy to help out. Someone feel free to PM me their weak account key.

EDIT: Thanks NeoGen for sending me a weak account key. And thanks Liuqyn for allowing us to use his key.
    Last edited by gamer007; 07-01-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast