Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with new Boinc client

Hi Bob. I just saw your post, i did follow your instruction but it dud not work. Finally I change the <ncpus>-1</ncpus> to <ncpus>2</ncpus> and the line which says <sche op>1</sche op> change the 1 to 2 and wala worked like a charm.

Thanks for all your help.

Rafael

PS. I have 2 laptop runing on 10.4, but will keep my other 2 running 9.04 till they get the kincks out of Lucid. I did compare both the old cc-config file with the one from the new boinc kernel and they are some diff on them.
    Last edited by Borfil; 06-19-2010 at 02:18 AM.

Hmm, I'm not sure why the -1 did not work, as that is supposed to tell boinc to use all available CPU cores. Glad you got it working correctly, though.

Also, I don't think that <sched_ops> uses anything other than 0 or 1, as it is just for showing messages in the log. 0 means don't show scheduler operation messages, 1 means show scheduler operation messages.

If you want to see all of the flags and options available for the cc_config file, here is a link: http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Client_configuration

Hi Bob, well after the initial success, 2 hrs later it all went down the drain. I jad to finally downgrade back to Kubuntu 9.10 and load the previous boinc client and think are back to normal. Well it was a great experiment, but I think there is something which do not allow the new Boinc and the new linux 10.4 to work at itds peak. so I will wait till things are running and all the bugs are out. I will stay with my faithfull 9.10 which have performed well for me.

Thanls. I will try to see what is the problem in another laptop I have same model but not running boinc and see what I can do.

Rafael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12