Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: July 2010 Competitions

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

Well I guess I will run poem@home for the whole month. I only have 2 pc's currently both are dual cores and neithers gpu's are new enough to be of any use. And I am glad to be active in AMD users again been a LONG time. Alot of things went on like im a college student now and a sophmore. Anyways look forward to some healthy competition .

Site Admin
    Great to see you around Shotgunner101!

Lots of things happened to me too... for example, I'm from Portugal, but I got married and am now living in the USA.

I think I'll be starting off with SIMAP for those first 8 days, then run the rest of the time with POEM, and on the 25th I'll do a little hop on PrimeGrid. Would be really cool if I could find a prime, but I would need some (many!) more PCs for that.

Wow seems like youve been really busy lol. Everyone I know is pairing off and getting married except me lol kinda depressing. But anywho sounds like a good plan dude. How you likeing the USA compared to Portragul? I do plan on buying a newwer computer here in the next 6 months or so with the AMD Phenom x6 core processor in it. Its only 300$ the intel one is 1000$. Big difference lol. Anyways hope we win the challenge .

Site Admin
    Yea, I've been busy... the getting married and moving was the easy part, now the hard part is all the immigration process with the US government.
    But it's been great so far... I'm in the peaceful state of Arkansas, nothing much happens around here except quite high temperatures now in the summer time... the A/C has been kicking on plenty of times during the day.

Last year I got myself an Phenom II X3 and now I would like to find out if the board is compatible with X6...it is AM3 based, so I got good chances... If I'm lucky all I'll need will be a BIOS update.

Site Admin
    8 days to go!! Start filling up your caches fellows!

Yup im gonna save up all my wu's like during the primegrid competition 2 years ago that I was ahead on but lost due to inability to pay the internet bill that month :P. Oh well maybe amd users will win .

Site Admin
    2 days to go!!!

SIMAP doesn't seem to have work, so I'm gonna focus on POEM. I'll still keep SIMAP up and ready in case they roll out some workunits, but POEM will be the main priority.

Have you guys filled your caches?

EDIT: Apparently POEM is also dried out of work... this is a weird start for competitions...
    Last edited by NeoGen; 06-28-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Site Admin
    Got myself some POEM@Home work... caches filled up!

Grab it while its hot guys... I think they only released a few hundred workunits.

SIMAP never has work until beginning of each month and it only lasts a week or less then no more until the next month. so keep an eye on it and grab what you can.

I've had several boxes running POEM for the last week or so already.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast