Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DynaPing Challenge by AMD USERS!!!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

DynaPing Challenge by AMD USERS!!!

Hey everyone!

Our Team has just issued its first ever challenge on the boincstats challenge platform, and DynaPing was the chosen project for it!

DynaPing is a project that uses no CPU and little RAM, but it needs an internet connection always on to check if websites are online or have problems. We have been doing well on it lately thanks to our loyal members, so at this point we would like to test our strength against other equally strong teams.

Fellow competitors from other teams reading this, tell your team founders to add your team to the DynaPing challenge on boincstats called "DynaPing" (Yea, it's not very imaginative, but hey, it's our very first one! )

And fellow AMD Users who would like to join us and help the Team win this challenge, do post here if you don't have an account. You CAN help us, through the boinc weak account keys system. More information in this thread:
    http://amdusers.com/forum/showthread...Ping-needs-YOU!

GO AMD USERS!!!

How many feathers have you ruffled NeoGen? Looks like the world is about to take notice. If not they are all dead! Rock on fellow crunchers.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Site Admin
    I think I recruited at least 6 people to help push for Liuqyn since the start of it all, before the challenge even came up, but opponent teams we have only 3 registered in the boincstats challenge.

Several of the teams I would like to challenge are not represented in DynaPing and they can't get in, so it's tough. And we had very little time for spread the word, next time we have to schedule it with more time to prepare everything.

But it's good to see PoorBoy and his team (PBToyz) are going to take a shot against us... they certainly are a powerful team, but on DynaPing the odds are different because it's not about CPU or GPU power.

Site Admin
    Six and a half hours to start... get ready everyone!

Unfortunately DynaPing is not one of those projects where you can amass a large number of workunits beforehand and flush them after challenge start.

Site Admin
    Woohoo!

Three and a half hours into the race and we are going faster than a speeding bullet!!

We are on a very distant 1st place with 2076 credits and the #2 team has only 292... that's almost 10x more!

Ok so I feel awesome but how long are we going to roar on this Challenge, A week, 2 weeks, or better yet till we reach 1st place? Since the project came out I have not stopped running this project.

Hoorah for Our TEAM

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Well the challenge runs from 010-07-16 00:00 to 2010-07-23 00:00.

Aside from the challenge, since this is a neat little background project I guess, I am just going to keep on at it until I overtake you at the very least :P
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

The maximum time that the BoincStats site would allow me to set for the challenge was a week. I don't know how to change it.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    no need.
    Nflight was referring keeping the stampede going for the longer term after the challenge, i think.
    Rank#3 will be ours shortly. The next 2 are not so far off. if we keep this output level going we will cross the gap quickly.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Site Admin
    Ain't this a beauty?

This is the boincstats graph comparing the top 3 teams on the challenge... look at that blue line going!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast