Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: August 2010 Competitions

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

I'm running AQUA all month, going to pass on the rest.

I'll pitch in and try some of the challenges but first of all I want to reach a personal target of 1M in Malaria Test Project.

Hmm, I don't see any mention in the July or August competions about the World Community Grid Challenge that somebody entered us in. It started July 31st and runs to August 7th, If anybody has any free cycles to throw on it, we could sure use the boost.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=55

Site Admin
    Any admins out there? We got a bug with the articles...

I just got a message from our member Jason that the competitions articles are not viewable anymore, vBulletin refuses access. Both the July and August articles that I wrote were showing that same error. There must have been some problem with the articles viewing permissions when we updated vBulletin to v4.0.5.
    Can any admins look into it please? I believe this should be a simple permissions settings thing, I just checked it and it works for me, but I have moderator priveliges so I probably have any and all permissions necessary to see it and alter it. (Plus I was the creator)

EDIT: Hmm... I am not sure of the problem now because I made a simple test that should have failed... I came in the website anonymously (not logged in my account) and I was able to see the thread without a problem... I have to ask Jason if he can do that... if the problem only appears when he is logged in maybe?
    Last edited by NeoGen; 08-01-2010 at 01:04 AM.

Hello there,

Here i'm after a long long time...again for a change

I was running only WCG, but when i got to this chanlange thing i said what a heck let's change for a bit so i'm running SIMAP to day 7, after that running WCG again.

AQUA is cool but it takes my 8 cores all together for 12h straigth and i like to "split" the work amount betwen them

Good to see you guys still here, solid as a rock , bye.
    Last edited by numibesi; 08-01-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Site Admin
    Hey numibesi!

How are you my fellow portuguese friend?
    I don't know if you remember me but I am portuguese too, although I am now married and living in the peaceful state of Arkansas, in the USA.

Have you checked out your member profile at the Wiki?
    http://www.amdusers.com/wiki/tiki-in...ber%3Anumibesi

I'm doing the historical collection work on the Team... got over 70 projects and 60 members already recorded in the Wiki... you can see it all from the mainpage here:
    http://www.amdusers.com/wiki/

What do you think of the brand new website, based on the (also) brand new vBulletin 4.0.5? Yea, it got a couple of bugs here and there, but we are working on it.

Come by more often, things are always changing around here... for example if you wanna be part of the DynaPing push (read about it here) just send me a PM and I'll give you the details on it.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 08-01-2010 at 12:55 AM.

I have entered the team in the NFS@Home challenge. It is a one week challenge starting from August 8 and has been set by Fullerton University.

I haven't run much NFS@Home recently so I cannot comment on how easy or hard the work units are to crunch.

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    I have entered the team in the NFS@Home challenge. It is a one week challenge starting from August 8 and has been set by Fullerton University.

I haven't run much NFS@Home recently so I cannot comment on how easy or hard the work units are to crunch.
    I added it to the list of challenges!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Any admins out there? We got a bug with the articles...

I just got a message from our member Jason that the competitions articles are not viewable anymore, vBulletin refuses access. Both the July and August articles that I wrote were showing that same error. There must have been some problem with the articles viewing permissions when we updated vBulletin to v4.0.5.
    Can any admins look into it please? I believe this should be a simple permissions settings thing, I just checked it and it works for me, but I have moderator priveliges so I probably have any and all permissions necessary to see it and alter it. (Plus I was the creator)

EDIT: Hmm... I am not sure of the problem now because I made a simple test that should have failed... I came in the website anonymously (not logged in my account) and I was able to see the thread without a problem... I have to ask Jason if he can do that... if the problem only appears when he is logged in maybe?
    I'm having the same problem, though its only when trying to read the thread from clicking the "What's New" button, the only way I can read these is by opening the treads from the main page.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast