Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Back! with a 6-core

I'm Back! with a 6-core

for now anyway
    I have been building quite a number of custom AMD computers lately. I like to stress them for a few days/weeks before handing them over to my customers. what better way to push a processor then running at 100% cruching? :D

on Monday I built my first 1055T 6-core. this computer is just amazing! I have it running stock with 4GB DDR3 1600MHz G.Skill 8-8-8-24 1.6V RAM. a 1TB SATA 3 Western Digital hard drive, (Gigabyte GA-890GP-UD3H motherboard).
    just a beautiful system!

running it and a couple others on Poem right now. stats are :Measured floating point speed2321.85 million ops/secMeasured integer speed8369.38 million ops/sec

X6!! oh yeah! I just wish it was mine so I could OC it

Anyway, just thought I would jump in here since it has been a good year or so.

you should check out my company's website, not much on there, I am just a one man show for now.

Peace!
    If you can't make it ... Don't come!
    http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2007/race4b.htm

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Welcome back PcManiac!

Ah yes, I can imagine nothing hurts more than seeing your custom built AMD Powered babies going to the clients, especially a 6-core system like that one you just described. But I'm sure they will go to good homes, with people who will not slave drive them to the last CPU cycle as any of us would.

I thought you worked at Microsoft, what's that new company of yours? Where can we see it? Does it have plenty of AMDs to show?

Come by when you can and give us a link.

Wow, I totally thought I put a link in there, all is well, here is is! http://www.mtbakercomputerservices.com

I did use to work at M$, but that was just a 1 year contract. I was asked to come back, but I am a small town guy, and living in Redmond didn't suite me so well.
    after the contract finished up, I did construction until everyone was laid off, and then started this business over a year and a half ago. (Jan 2009).

I make all my customers sign a paper promising not to abuse their systems, unless I can leave my account attached :P j/k hehe

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    You got a nice little website there. I was hoping to see some snapshots of your custom built rigs, but no luck just yet. Coming soon?

I don't know if you have been reading up on the wiki, or my blog here at AMD Users, but I have been actively developing our Team's Wiki. It's over 200 pages long already and counting! Have you checked out your profile on the Wiki?
    http://www.amdusers.com/wiki/tiki-in...ember:PcManiac

Yeah, I have been planning on taking pictures, and giving all the details.. I guess I should just do it!

that wiki is pretty cool! I just realized I should link AMDUsers on my site.. oops.
    If you can't make it ... Don't come!
    http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2007/race4b.htm

I've joined the 6 core team now having retired an Intel core 2 duo 6300.

The new system is an AMD Phenom II 1090T, GA-890FXA-UD5 motherboard, 4GB Kingston DDR 3 1600 RAM, Samsung 1TB 7200rpm SATA HDD, MSI GTX460 Hawk GPU, Antec Nine hundred two case, Seasonic 650W modular Gold series power supply, Linux Mint 64 bit operating system.

Congrats Vaughan

Congrats on the new system! I don't think you'll be disappointed. My 1090T is smoking my dual quad setups, averaging 3000 ppd in WCG compared to 2000 to 2100 ppd for the Octicores. But in all fairness, they are older and unable to OC them due to the server motherboards with no OC features. The 1090T will easily go to 3600 Mhz with no voltage increase.

Good Luck with the new toy!

Darnit, the day after I go out and buy the 1090T that X-bit labs announce AMD are releasing the 1100T in the next few months.

Anyway, the C2D 6300 was too slow.

The 1090T is humming along at 3.6GHz. All I need now is to find a way to check the temps under Linux.

I decided to look for the current AMD Bulldozer prices, but found that all sources that previously sold them (at least on paper/on website) have removed the item. Couldn't get the needed Mobo anyway. So for now it's just upgrading my PC-farm (Still working with single-core AthlonXP+s....), replacing the AGP boards with PCIe boards and get me some nice GPUs. My 2nd hand GTX260 192 core does more than the 8 PC's currently employed for boinc together....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    I decided to look for the current AMD Bulldozer prices, but found that all sources that previously sold them (at least on paper/on website) have removed the item.
    Found the little buggers: for a mere €1,086.99 a piece they trade owner (under the veil of [BOLD]Opteron 6174[/BOLD]). The Mobo, an Asus KGPE-D16, goes for €448.99. Supports up to 256GB Registered ECC or 64Gb Unbuffered ECC/non-ECC DDR3 memory at speeds of 800, 1066 and 1333MHz. Quad-Crossfire possible: four PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots.
    Given unlimited money, two 6174s on this mobo give you 24 cores and together with 4 HD5970s and 256 Gb RAM you should be able to crunch your way to the #1 spot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast