Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SIMAP Top 10

Wink SIMAP Top 10

Well... it took a while to break through, but I just crossed 200K credit and I'm now 4th rank on AMDUsers SIMAP Team

I kept thinking that they would run out of WUs, but it hasn't happened yet. I finally got a replacement PS for my fifth machine and it is now happily crunching 24/7 on the ol' 5600+ again

I used to buy PCP&C exclusively, but since they got bought out I've switched to Corsair. Pretty good HW.

Happy Crunchin' everyone!
    "Then I remembered my grandmother and realized, my God, the human mind can absorb and process an incredible amount of information - if it comes in the right format. The right interface. If you put the right face on it. Want some coffee?" - Juanita Marquez; Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Congrats Tamaster!! And now with an extra 5600+ crunching too the 3 guys above you better beware!

It's sorta like the tortoise and hare, which is what I did over on Aqua. That ol' dual core is great for crunchin' Fokker Planck WUs on 64-bit Linux.
    It's got a real good Zalman cooler and can be pointed to a tasking for long runs at a time. Rock solid stable now that it's got good power again.
    The side-kick Celery contributes as well using 32-bit Linux, though as a single 2Ghz core, it is kinda limited in the floating point.

They don't get distracted with doing *_Real Work_* like the rest of the machines. This fall I start gathering parts for a new build... (fun, fun, fun)

Site Admin
    Tamaster, there are 2 back-to-back challenges on SIMAP at boincstats, in which we are signed up for, one for the last week of August (starting tomorrow) and another one for the first week of September.

Are you going to be there on both?

I'm running all of what I got on SIMAP right now (though there was a hot spell slowdown and connection issues a couple of days ago).

It's been cooling off lately, so I'm 'shoveling coal' for more steam to run the generators...

Props to Dirk for stepping up

Site Admin
    I'm currently split between Yoyo and SIMAP, we're running on challenges on both. On the Yoyo challenge we're actually doing great, 2nd place so far but still 3 days to go.

I'm still to decide where to push next, we're already signed up for several challenges for September, on SIMAP, Einstein, PrimeGrid and WCG at least, so plenty to choose from. And these are just the start of the month ones, I'm sure more will pop up during the month.

And I also finally got my old Phenom II X3 running again, with the Geforce 9600, so I'm also getting some credits on Collatz Conjecture. I'd like to raise my points on DNETC@Home, but the site has been down for the last couple of days.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 08-28-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Uh... Hi Liuqyn
    Was trying to sneak up <relatively> quiet on your SIMAP standing...
    Glad you're here to help me and Dirk out just the same.

hehe, wasn't actually watching my position here, just had 4 boxes move to a home with better internet so I will be able to run some of these higher bandwidth projects again.

Welcome Aboard

I see from the Free-DC stats that we have a few additions to the current WU load over the last week: kle is pulling a very fast ramp-up and appears capable of besting all of the current Top 10 contributors with 6 hosts including a 1090T Hexa-core running Win7 x64 and Scott who is running one also (must be NICE). Perhaps we can talk them into running SIMAP dedicated on those boxen?

You'll climb the ranks faster

Also props to Dirk who has passed 200,000 and (of course) Liuqyn who has passed 300,000

WU Pool Party!

And in the meantime Tamaster has crossed the 300k line (332k now), while Liuqyn's 18 PC's crossed the 400k (432k now). Both are clearly pulling away from me, but have a long way to go to reach the level of Vaughan or Chris Icide, who have crossed the 1M line ages ago. Paul AMD and kle have a better RAC than me at the moment, but seem to have run out of WUs. I still have a bunch to crunch till the 24th!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast