Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SIMAP Top 10

for the record, I'm only running this on 4 quads, and they share time with Einstein@home.

I thought that SIMAP would have run out of WUs by now, but it seems that we'll have work probably right through the middle of October (my estimate). I've shut down running Folding@home on my crossfire 2600xt GPUs to keep them from consuming CPU bandwidth from SIMAP. Once we get to the end of all this metagenome work, it's back to running them and BOINC simultaneous. They are extremely efficient for the ~200GFlops they deliver. It's too bad I can't get the AGEIA PhysX crunching something as well...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    You got an AGEIA PhysX? The original AGEIA PhysX that I think sometime later Nvidia bought out and incorporated into their GPUs?

I bet it runs great on videogames that support PhysX.

Yep, I've got a BFG PhysX 100 running nVidia's drivers in a CrossFire arrangement (blasphemy!)

The only game I wanted it for was Unreal Tournament 3 (fully patched and modded) and in that
    capacity, it *_KICKS ASS_*. Too bad nVidia killed it off, Physx might have gone somewhere.
    I'm still running DirectX 9 on XP for this machine, but it's all relative you know...

Well... I ran out of WUs last evening. That was one heck of a good run from the 1st of July to 3rd of October! I clocked over 300 thousand Cobblestones of credit during the hottest and dryest summer on record here (would have accomplished more, but I had some shut-downs due to the extraordinary heat levels we experienced). They say they will be starting back up on the 8th, but I think I'll take a break and come back to SIMAP in November. Kudo's to Liuqyn, Dirk, Paul, kle, Scott and the rest of Team AMD for stepping up and helping SIMAP by calculating protein similarities on your computer. As a Public, Free and Open database the project is representative of the BEST of what international collaborative computational biology can be. Other projects draw on these results in order to accelerate research into cures for some of the world’s most intractable afflictions. I hope to see some of them in our lifetimes...

One day Soon...
    We may find a cure. Advances are being made every day. You could be a part of it. You could be *_THE ONE_* who hits the tipping point. The grain of sand that tilts the balance for humanity. What would that be worth TO YOU?

Who has not known cancer's reach? Who has not felt it's impact? The scourge of the twentieth century is still with us in the twenty-first. It doesn't have to be this way. We CAN find a cure. Together.

If you have a computer (and you do) you can make a difference. We are advancing the scrimmage line, we the millions of people who give our computers something to do while we are away. Crunch for science.

Hi Tamaster,

Just to let you know there is a Simap challenge going on right now:http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=128

(In case you didn't knew already, as you have been outperforming me the last months:
    http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/bo...5&project=smap)

I've had a few machines aimed at SIMAP since the turn of the new year, but I've also been helping out over at AQUA running their new Redfield Open Quantum Simulation. I'm getting ready to switch back to SIMAP this weekend. Since getting my new HVAC system tweaked the 'crew' has been on autopilot due to my short attention span. I'm just glad to see they are back in the WU business after that dry spell last fall.

Anyway... I'm on it...

Good scores last day form Liuqyn, Scott, kle, Tamaster and NeoGen
    while bender10, gamer007, dinobotclone, Hautlle and me are slowy getting under steam.
    Ken429H and lysergius have started up as well, though are losing ground at the moment.
    Alltogether there are 18 member currently active on this project from the 126 with scores,
    and to rise in this challege we really need help form the others.
    And a just cause too, Simap, not mere credits for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 01-19-2011 at 02:34 AM. Reason: d is next to s, goos I found out in time....:-)

Thumbs up

Another day of the SIMAP Genome Storage challenge, and another day of team effort. We are almost halfway, having 3 days and 13 odd hours to go.
    While Liuqyn, Tamaster and myself were for months the #1, 2 and 3 in terms of RAC, this has now been changed to 1, 4 and 6 respectively.
    At present speed we will hopefully see some changes in the all-time best list as well, as Scott (#18, but #2 in RAC), kle (#15, but #3 in RAC) and Neogen (#27, but #5 in RAC) are fastly climbing the ranks. Newcomer to the project is bwhite, who has already the #61 position out of 127 and is #7 in RAC.
    Not tired yet of numbers? At 6 we have gamer007, who is #8 in RAC. Bender10, at #8 is about to pass the RAC of Hautlle, who is at #11 but has a very good RAC due to his daily contribution, as has dinobotclone. Vaughan, our #1 has quitely risen to the #12 in RAC, increasing his lead to #2, Chris Icide. These two members have already passed the 1 Million mark and Liuqyn is at present speed two months away from that magic barrier.
    Other active members at the moment: lazykiller, BobCat13, Lysergius, Freddie, gobshite5, Ken429H, Trent, Nicola, Mike.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 01-19-2011 at 02:33 AM. Reason: typo

Only 11 hours to go now!
    The team seems rock-solid on 6th place (out of 19) and several members have crossed magic barriers in the process. Gamer007 has crossed the 2k, and Scott and kle the 1k. NeoGen has risen some 10 places, but is about to be taken over by our fastest climber: bwhite, who rocketed already 77 places higher. 2nd best climber is gobshite5, who gained 13 places. And I have saved the best for last: If Liuqyn holds this pace for 4 more days he will cross the million mark!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast