Thread: Sieving reservation overlap

Sieving reservation overlap

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    510000-520000 (finally) finished :smile:
    All factors from the 10 1T blocks have been uploaded from both computers.

Reserving 540T-541T for NeoGen please. (Only 1T this time, I learned my lesson!) lol
    Please don't start that range. Lennart has 540T-549T in the works. I know, I know, he didn't post a reservation, and you have no way of knowing it. I almost didn't catch it myself.
    So please take 549T-550T instead.
    Thanks,
    Joe O.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Hi Joe.

Yea, I saw it not long after making the post, but the forums lock the posts 60 minutes after, so I couldn't edit it anymore.
    I posted after asking for a bump up to 550T-551T (Lennart left the 550T-560T open. 549 is within Lennart's range)
    Hope there is no more mixups now.

There has been a new prime discovered: http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=98188
    A new dat file is being created and I will upload it as soon as I get it.

When are you and Vaughan goint to start your PRPnet contest? There are primes to be found

Site Admin
    Hi Joe

I've been running the PRP's from the new SR5 combined server, but somehow I think all or almost all I get is Riesel candidates, no Sierpinski's for me. Or maybe I got it pointing to the wrong server.. I'll have to double check later.

Anyway, at least for the Riesel part of SR5 I'm the top dog of AMD Users. It seems everyone has been looking in other directions in the past few months so I slowly sneaked up to #1 on the Team.

p.s. - Did you see I'm already working on sieving another range? I reserved it on the thread, but the thread has not been updated in several weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe O View Post
    When are you and Vaughan goint to start your PRPnet contest? There are primes to be found
    I've forgotten how to run this project.

Hey NeoGen need a quick "How to tutorial" please.

Site Admin
    It was pretty easy, even for me that am not used to non-boinc math projects..

They have a thread with the links to the applications they use here:
    http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=11348

And another one for the new server that started last december (the old server is offline already I think):
    http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=14468

I think I'm using PRPnet (for the communications with server) with LLR (for the calculations) on mine, but I'm not 100% sure, and I'm not at the computer right now to double check it. There is also the option of pfgw for the calculations, but PRPnet is mandatory I believe.
    Whatever you use, make sure the config files have all the correct usernames, servers, and etc configured