Thread: Server crashed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Server crashed

NEWS

Dear all volunteers, our sudoku@vtaiwan system crashed around Jan 3rd, 2011. We would like to apologize to you all for the crash.

We have recovered our system. However, we still lost the login record of volunteers, including account/password, though we backup the credits of all volunteers. Since we cannot but reset the volunteer credit system, we need your help to restore your credits as follows.

1. Detach the old "sudoku@vtaiwan" project entry (in the projects folder), and then
    2. attach new project "http://sudoku.nctu.edu.tw" project as a "new user", but remember to use the same name.

As long as you can register with the same name as before, we can restore your credits by adding the current saved credits back to the new system later.

Sorry for any inconvenience. And thank you very much for your continuous support.

Sudoku@vtaiwan Team.

Servers are back up now I have regained all my credits and remade the team, just waiting for everyone else to come back.

Is there a time-frame for the points restoration?

Glad I only lost 13k. Luiqyn must be ropable.

I assume they're just swamped trying to get everyone back up. also I hope they DON'T start exporting stats for awhile yet, I like being world number 1 on the various stat-sites.