Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SLinCA@Home (new boinc project)

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    I remember having almost 100% fail on windows
    much better rate of success on linux
    most of the top computers are linux: http://dg.imp.kiev.ua/slinca/top_hosts.php
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

The culprits seem to be the out_data.zip files, which are not valid.
    As they were only 1k big, I changed the property of one to *.txt and opened it with notepad.
    It contained just this: <soft_link>../../projects/dg.imp.kiev.ua_slinca/fd487785-0bb7-499a-b394-9ac680e2f58b_23b138a0-56bb-48ba-87e1-4f89c8e47fc1_821_0_3</soft_link>
    In my eyes no justification for the use of a *zip file. I let it be out_data.txt and see what happens. In the worst case I get a compute error.
    On second thoughts I created a new out_data.zip file containing the out_dat.txt file. I have high hopes for this approach
    It it works, I will translate this posting into Ukrainian -using Google translate- and post it at the SLinCA forum so they can have a laugh as well (about the quality of the translation).
    We will know more in about 28 hours....
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-14-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Gone are my high hopes. The out_data.zip file gets recreated during the running or closing of the WU, so after 28 hours of running it is still for nought on the Windows platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    I've aborted my attempt to get points with this project. If you manage to get a WU till the end you cannot upload it, and the results gets shown as "Error while computing". They can ##$% my &^%$ if they want, but I get out.
    But there is progress: you can actually upload your waste to the project....

On the bright side of this project: It runs good -a bit long per WU though- on Linux.
    Someone in the Ukraine switched off the feeder Saturday, and now I have a queue
    of ready WU's waiting for them -and a new top-100 score-....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123