Thread: Fast Voltage Regulator Could Add 20 Percent or More to Battery Life

Fast Voltage Regulator Could Add 20 Percent or More to Battery Life

We are talking nano seconds in changing the parameters of your computers energy reduction! Wholly Kazam Batman

The actual platform is intended for mobile devices but what if they direct the initial implement to all computers, my god I could run my system for 1/3 the cost and get as much out of it is I am now!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Just think if all the computers and electronic devices in the world would be saving that much energy... I think that would do some good to the environment as well.

And just think of all the batteries that would benefit from extended lifespan. This technology may also find it's way into solar energy storage applications if adapted to large scale, but scaling would the issue there. There are just so many directions that this new technology could find a home. The real key though, the real *_KILLER_* application, would be adaptation to existing power sinks such as large home appliances. One can only hope...

Where time frame to get these types of material handling out to the public of nearing ten years was in the past. We are starting to see more and more adaptive technology like this emerge in just one year or less. So knowing that time frame has been shortened extensively I expect to see this particular advantage involved in newer technology like cell phones by the end of the year. Power Supply companies will take a little longer to deploy so maybe early next around this time. And Solar stability and storage potential by the end of 2012 possibly. Scaling factor depends on productive adaptation of the material handling at such a small scale to massive output potential for solar storage capacity. Very cool that someone else envisions such adaptation.

Thanks Tamaster!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...