Thread: Achieving another Triggl

Achieving another Triggl

A long time ago there was this man who foresaw contestants using their computers to challenge others in garnering stats in closely knit arrays. Today I give you a "Triggl"; What is a Triggl you ask?

A Triggl is a term used to rate others accomplishments by achieving close knit successful limits on Free-DC BOINC stats pages. Bok the person behind these funky stats found that several members who actively pursue the 10K limit on each project that reach a figure of >9,999 to <10,100 receive an honorary notch in the Stats Pages. I give you the stats of Triggl's like me: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...subproj=triggs THen I give you my stats page to show you the close knit grouping of 10k stats I have tried to keep as close to 10K as possible: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...73016a77c952e9

You will notice that projects #64 through #72 are all within the 100 points of a Triggl as mentioned above.

If you have done this on 25K or even 50 K I understand there are other descriptions and only you can find out what they are called and where to find them. I am fortunate that I could not resist and had to pm Bok directly to answer those pending frustrating who the heck is a Triggl scenario, and how did I get them?
    What do you think Blob3 will they enjoy this post or will they ponder that I am talking to my avatar as more insane then the actual contents of the post itself?
    Last edited by Nflight; 03-10-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: add limits to the range with in one triggl

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Boks are for those with >99,999 but <101,000

only other one I've found so far.

I finally reached a personal target 500 Million BOINC Combined.

My other challenge is trying to increase my number of projects reaching various points milestones eg # of 100,000s, 250k, 500k, 750k, 1M etc.
    This really shows up how generous some projects are in handing out points eg GPU projects and how stingy others are eg Spinhenge.

I commented on your facebook achievement of 500 million points, a tremendous achievement. I am in awe! Then again I will reach that level soon after I break ground on my new business, which should be in two weeks or less. One last document to have under my belt and I am off and running. It has been more then 5 years of work to get to this point and I have garnered so much praise for what I am doing. I just hope everything works out that I can purchase enough horsepower to pass you, someday! And then Pass Beerknurd in Dimes someday past that time frame! Dancing a jog at the moment, I am excited I think or just nervous!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Thanks for the Trigg info.
    I saw Bok add it to the stats a little while ago & I was bending my brain trying to figure out what it was.
    Now I you tell me what it is I know why I'm not on it.
    A few months ago I might have been high on that list but I got interested in the challenge of the "Average Team Rank across Projects" and have since nudged almost all of my 10ks out of range.

@Vaughan - Congrats on your mega milestone.
    Now let me see, if you are going approximately 10 times faster than me, I'll catch you in ... Oh! :P
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Congrats Vaughan

You're right you get big numbers on GPUs. 90% of my credits are on gpu projects.
    I noticed some projects are more profesional than others, I found out the hard way RNA World does not use check points on their large WUs. I had to reset the computer after 6 days and lost everything