Thread: WUProp@Home roundup!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

WUProp@Home roundup!

Hey everyone

I noticed we have only 13 members on our WUProp@Home, and I find it odd.. a boinc project that uses no CPU and only 13 people in it?

WUProp@Home is a project that runs on the background and just measures how well your computer runs on each project, by collecting your computer specs and how much time you take on workunits of each project. It takes only 0.01 CPUs (as the boinc manager says) while running and almost no RAM either.

The only discouraging thing is it gives very few credits, only 25 credits per WU, and each runs for 12 hours, so a maximum of 50 credits/day/machine.
    But since it takes nearly no CPU or RAM and very little network connection... we can't ask much.

This is a project you can set running on any machine, alongside with any other projects you are running on boinc. Actually, you have to have projects running alongside or otherwise there is no data collected and they give you no credits.

We are currently ranked 11th with only 13 people... there are teams with over 100 people not too far above from us... imagine what we could do if we all got together on it

Project page here: http://wuprop.boinc-af.org/
    Last edited by NeoGen; 04-03-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Running this on all my machines. Started as 11th in the team (and 2000+ worldwide), now risen to 5th place (356th world wide)
    And it just runs alongside all other projects at no measurable side-effect.

Dirk (still missing my boinc stats signature; "Remote file is too large" Have Boinc stats changed their pictures, or did we impose a stricter size limit?)
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 04-03-2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: typo

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    Dirk (still missing my boinc stats signature; "Remote file is too large" Have Boinc stats changed their pictures, or did we impose a stricter size limit?)
    As more and more boinc projects pop up and are added to boinc stats, the image gets larger and larger.
    I don't think anything was changed over here, but there might be a default size limit on the forums that was finally reached with so many projects.

So many? Far less than our top-scoring members!
    http://www.boincstats.com/signature/user_2177.gif

Site Admin
    Ah, I see now... your signature is not one of those with a huge list of projects, my bad.

Well, I tested your link to place on my signature and it worked so I don't know why it is not working for you... let me try some of my magic on your signature... (I got moderator privileges on the forums)

EDIT: Done... how about it Dirk?

The only thing I saw was that your sig had the codes [SIGIMG][/SIGIMG], but no image link.
    Also I don't remember ever seeing that [SIGIMG] code around here, so I put just [IMG] <link to image> [/IMG] and the image just popped out from the link when I saved it.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 04-03-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Hi NeoGen,

Thanks for your efforts! The [SIGIMG][/SIGIMG] automatically appeared when I saved my uploaded signature (the smaller one, that did not update).
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 04-03-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: { -> [