Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BOINC Pentathlon 2011

Thanks that's good advice Ramjet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    For those not so familiar with WCG, The Clean Energy project is the biggest bandwith hog with some uploads around 36Mb, and Help Fight Childhood Cancer and Fight Aids have the largest work units, some taking over a day to complete, so maybe not the best choice for a short race. Help Conquer Cancer and Clean Water both run very well with small wu's and short up and downloads.
    I've had good utilization on HCC as well and it's a very mature project. The CW project is relatively new so I can't talk to the consistency of the work, but I've gotten very good credit from it.
    "Then I remembered my grandmother and realized, my God, the human mind can absorb and process an incredible amount of information - if it comes in the right format. The right interface. If you put the right face on it. Want some coffee?" - Juanita Marquez; Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

I would vote for Voughan's projects.
    I tried to install WCG 6 months ago on windows and did not exit the boinc manager - BIG MISTAKE, IT TRASHED MY WINDOWS INSTALL.
    Since my last post I made it to the top 10 and passed 50 million.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Well done Scott, that's inspirational!

I am lucky to have never had a project trash my windows install, I don't know if I would ever go back to it.
    You not only went back to it, as you made it to the top 10! Congrats!

So I see that we signed up, I assume that means we already voted for projects. Out of curiosity, what did we end up choosing?

I hope we did not choose DNETC. It is belly-up for more than a week now, much to the comfort of my Milkyway ratings and to a lesser extent my Collatz ratings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    For those not so familiar with WCG, The Clean Energy project is the biggest bandwith hog with some uploads around 36Mb, and Help Fight Childhood Cancer and Fight Aids have the largest work units, some taking over a day to complete, so maybe not the best choice for a short race. Help Conquer Cancer and Clean Water both run very well with small wu's and short up and downloads.
    also Clean Energy only lets you run 1 unit at a time (best i can tell. i haven't read up any more on it) ... however it's not as bad as BURP. 600-700mb initial download, 20+MB uploads every 30 min or so ;)

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    I hope we did not choose DNETC. It is belly-up for more than a week now, much to the comfort of my Milkyway ratings and to a lesser extent my Collatz ratings as well.
    Is DNetC still running?
    Back in January there was rumours that both DNetC and AndrOINC were both going to be shut down...
    http://www.tswb.org/Forums/tabid/173...s/Default.aspx

There is a setting to change this, but it will make for a very loaded down machine. I would not choose it for a race as it would be a bit harder for people to meet the requirements of that sub project.

Dnetc ?????

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Is DNetC still running?
    Back in January there was rumours that both DNetC and AndrOINC were both going to be shut down...
    http://www.tswb.org/Forums/tabid/173...s/Default.aspx

Message 97842 - 22 Apr 2011 15:05:02 UTC
    In response to message 97736
    xyzzyxyzzy wrote: Any news on DNETC? Like if/when it will return?
    to be honest i dont think they will
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 04-26-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: did not see what i typed

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast