Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BOINC Pentathlon 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SuicideCabbage View Post
    Two CPU projects running 100% parallel this year, well that's new. Which one are we as a team going to focus on?
    I will concentrate on Rosetta, as I do not participate in QMC. I have already added two projects specially for this contest, and I'm not going to add a third.

Alright then I will run Rosetta as well

I've got all mine pointing at WCG HCC (which I've already earned the gold) going for a Ruby Badge. Yeah... I'm that close already. Then I'll switch over to Rosetta and finish it out there.

I just love that this is a Pent-ATHLON
    "Then I remembered my grandmother and realized, my God, the human mind can absorb and process an incredible amount of information - if it comes in the right format. The right interface. If you put the right face on it. Want some coffee?" - Juanita Marquez; Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

ya, this is just a PHENOM-inal event isn't it....

Let's BULLDOZER those other teams outa tha way

i might try and swing rosetta for a little bit too

Not bad at all, unless we seriously lose output in the next few days it looks like 7th is pretty secure, a little bit of a push and we may secure 6th. Czech National Team is just 20,000 points ahead, and right below us is Meisterkuehler.de at nearly 500,000 points below. However ESL is 17th with ~700k points, and SETI.USA 21st with just ~170k points! Normally they are top 5, so if they are holding back WUs for later we may drop a few ranks once they report.

Where's Free-DC they have some super heavyweights?
    I'm switching over some more GHz to this effort but there are rare RALPH and BURP tasks to crunch too. Good thing its Autumn here and the night-time temps are 10-12C.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Good thing its Autumn here and the night-time temps are 10-12C.
    Spring here and we had -3C this week as night temperature. At daytime we are already in the 20-25C, so the 37cm external fans are blowing too, as the computer room has a big window facing south-east.

you guys need water blocks to help provide heat to a storage tank for domestic hot water use ;)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast