Thread: Boinc Client 6.10.60 (win64)

Boinc Client 6.10.60 (win64)

Hi,

Coming from 6.10.58, which was totally rebuilt by World Community Grid (Why?) I decided to upgrade to a plain Boinc client. After three tries, and three crashes of Boinc, i skipped version 6.10.60 and went on to 6.12.26
    Just for your Information...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I always like to try the dev versions, so now I am on version 6.12.22 (x64), and find it quite stable.

I would try 6.12.26 but I can't find the release notes anywhere on the website... I am afraid between .22 and .26 there might not have been any significant changes that are worthy of an upgrade.

I'm also running 6.12.22 on most of my systems with 6.12.26 on my laptop for testing purposes. it seems they(boinc) are looking at 6.12.26 as a release candidate if testing goes well, so far it is stable on my lappy.

I have seen some issues with the BOINC client not keeping proper cpu time on the clean energy project as these are large work units that have lots of I/O that is not counted. Even on a dedicated cruncher it results in large differences between cpu time and wall clock time. This gets worse when you try and run 4 or more work units. I hope that was one of the issues WCG was trying to resolve. I mostly use the apt-get version in Ubuntu.