Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moo! Wrapper (new BOINC project)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Moo! Wrapper (new BOINC project)

Moo! Wrapper brings together BOINC volunteer computing network resources and the Distributed.net projects. It allows BOINC Client to participate in the RC5-72 challenge.

As usual with BWT the Founder's email address feature is not working so if anyone can join and tell them to fix this routine annoyance, go right ahead.

EDIT:
    Their email server was overloaded. I've received the info now and crunching away.
    CUDA and ATI clients only, no CPU clients.
    Last edited by vaughan; 05-02-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: add edit

per their news posting, email is working just overloaded, so keep trying periodically.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    That is great, I have been running RC5-72 as my GPU project, now I can run it on boinc alongside the CPU projects.

I created account and joined the Team but will only be able to start crunching later when I get home, right now I'm at work.

I am in too, move over everyone I am coming through, ok with just one GPU I will be run over but most! But, I am making the effort! It sure is a short work unit compared to PrimeGrid but, now that i reached 5 million in Prime Grid I am glad to start something new! Woo Hoo

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Come on everyone this project has easy points. I'm already at 17k with half a day's crunching on 4 GPUs.

None of my work units are validating, I posted on the message board. Let's hope someone can figure out the problem so I can garner some points!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

you had a reply, seams your video drivers are too old.

Grab the latest GPU drivers and go. ATI cards seem to run much faster but the Nvidia CUDA cards still run. My old 8800s manage a task in an hour or so. Quicker than those horrible GPUgrid tasks that take > a day.

So if he didn't do ogr because of yoyo, then why did he do the rc5-72 wrapper as it is a duplication of dnetc.com???

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    ...because dnetc.com went off the air and the domain name is now with domainbrokers.com as far as I can see.
    The story goes that their servers got seized for alleged illegal file sharing or some such.

But it sounds an awful lot like the way that RieselSieve BOINC went a while back.
    That worries me in a way.

There's never much detail that comes back to the public after such events.
    We don't know if the authorities are basing such allegations simply on the back-and-forth traffic (which is legit for a distributed project) or if there was in fact some nefarious activity going on.

There are many other DC project servers in the interweb that are not funded by 'official' university or state funding to 'legitimize' their activity.
    Their owners and operators must be a little concerned by this development as most DC projects have inbound and outbound traffic that is perfectly legit, but which could be mistaken by an uneducated authority for something like P2P files-sharing traffic.

On one hand, I hope that nothing was going on and dnetc.com get their servers back, but that would lend credence to the authorities acting on flawed evidence.
    So on the other hand, I hope that the authorities acted on real evidence and are not simply snatching at servers that have an I/O traffic profile that they don't understand.
    But that will mean that someone was up to no good, and that's just no good at all.

Perhaps in the future someone in-the-know will write a book and then we can all read about it.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast