Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moo! Wrapper (new BOINC project)

well one would like to think that the police, no matter where they are, are a little more knowledgeble and technically enabled to know what they were really pursuing in the alleged p2p investigation. I much prefer the Moo! wrapper though just because their crunched work units show up on the distributed.net team stats just like the regular rc5 project efforts. That way everyone is working on the same goal...... furthering the teams points on the original project's plan/scheme.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I couldn't run Moo! Wrapper, it always failed my workunits. I think my drivers should be good enough, at least they run the classic Distributed.Net ok, so I don't know why are my workunits crashing on Moo...
    Maybe it's my old graphics card, it's a GeForce 9600GT, but then again the classic distributed.net runs on it...

NeoGen they had some trouble with some older work units. So abort all work units and start fresh ones. Also you will need the newest GPU update: Version 270.61 and Release Date: 2011.04.18 Select the 9600GT and your operating system and then click next. You should be able to follow the next several steps to acquire your new Update. Place it in your folders and run the exe file. It will automatically load the driver and then start BOINC viola!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Heads Up Moo-ers!

You may (read as: probably do) need to update your project settings:
    http://moowrap.net/forum_thread.php?...owrap=true#477

They just enabled the CPU client which is enabled by default AND added a 'required' GPU 'core' selection flag (I'm using '-1' for automatic selection)
    The end result of this was my GPU stopped getting work and the boxen got bogged down with CPU work.
    You need to update your project settings to fix this.
    But you definitely need to check your boxen to see if this has happened to you.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    The new 'BIG' GPU WUs are running well.

However, I have had a bad experience with them on my HD5700's

400% more work but only 95% of the amount credit I was getting before on the shorter WUs.
    Infuriating.
    I have posted my disdain on their project thread and have suspended this project on my boxen.

I hope that your mileage varies from mine.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

I updated my both my Nvidia card and Boinc then received a boost of about 10% overall increase in my output. May 17th 2011 - BOINC 6.12.26 released to public

Unfortunately AMDave you aren't the only one that met with problems on their changes. I had two 4850's that couldn't get any work from them anymore, and the same issue you had with the 57xx. The cuda stuff just went into the taking forever mode. So I have detached all my systems from the project and have gone back to the standard distributed.net method and client and running my own perproxy. That method has been nice and reliable and I always have work for my systems. So once again, the journey into the boinc world has left me favoring the old fashioned way that allows me to always keep work on hand for my systems. To each their own I guess. :-)

Looks like Liuqyn caught me napping in MooWrapper. My GPUs had been diverted elsewhere.
    Last edited by vaughan; 06-20-2011 at 04:19 PM.

I have returned to this project and plan to run it out past 100 Million, just a fair warning! I may go farther if I can acquire some new FitFen GPU's !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12