Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Crunching hardware for Einstein

Thanks for the tip Dirk. I set my GTX 580 from 1 to .5 and went from 1 GPU work unit completing in about 60 minutes to 2 GPU work units completing in about 90 minutes. A nice increase.

So, just the other day I changed the setting from .5 to .25 and I am now doing 4 GPU work units in about 150 minutes. Another nice increase.

The GTX580 GPU is running stable at 52c. I'll let it run for a week or so to ensure it will remain stable before tweaking it even more.
    Last edited by Steve Lux; 07-07-2012 at 10:59 AM.

I've been having problems with my main cruncher system for several weeks now. My main user system has been dead since April. Decided of the two to get my main cruncher system back up first. Now I finally have it back up and running with a new GTX670 card and HDD, and got rid of Ubuntu. Too many compatibility issues with Ubuntu. I'm thinking of sticking a second video card in it and see if that improves system output. That may require installation of a second CPU.

Anyhow, we should start seeing the results in a few days when credits start rolling out. Einstein@home wouldn't let me merge the systems for some reason.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234