Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMD Users just passed 60,000,000 credits on the Einstein@Home project

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lux View Post
    Roman Numeral System during the middle ages: ( ( ( ( ( I ) ) ) ) ) (close as I could get with no backwards "C" in ASCII)
    I'd clean forgotten that notation. Very clever indeed. Made me smile.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Those Romans were around for quite a long time. They also used this notation:

ten million = X with two horizontal bars over it.
    X = 10 and each horizontal bar indicates multiplication by 1000: 10 x 1000 x 1000 = 10,000,000 (ten million)

BTW: A backward C: Ɔ
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 07-27-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason:

Just an update on einstein@home.

We have recently surpassed 111,700,000 points. This last September was our highest point production on record with around 6 million points for the month. At the present rate October output is set to surpass September by a significant margin. We are getting some great production in this project.

There are several teams we are catching up with. We should catch one team in a few weeks and two more in just over a month and another in about a month and a half at this present rate. There is also one team catching up on us though. We would have to really kick it in gear, nearly doubling our output, to out pace them.

I've got a 20-25k/day system I need to get going on this if I can get it fixed.

Good work team!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    That is awesome news Steve! Einstein@Home is one mega-project and ideal for GPUs. I wish I had a 20-25k/day system.
    But anyway, glad to see you on the forum buddy. How is life treating you these days?

Just trying to scratch out a living like everyone else. For another $1,000 I could fill up the other half of my big Linux cruncher system and get about 70k/day out of the box, but money is very tight now days. You know, Ubuntu is OK I suppose and a little faster in Einstein, but I miss a GUI. Linux reminds me of the old DOS days and I find that as I get older I'm less interested in bothering with all the hoops you have to jump through to get a distro up and running.

Still haven't got my main 4-core user system going yet. Perhaps I'll work on it again this weekend. If I can get it up and running it should be good for another 25k/day or so in Einstein. We've lost about 50k or more per day in Einstein production over the last few days. I can't make up for all of that, but perhaps I can help a bit more. It's been getting cooler lately so it's time to get all of my heaters (crunching systems - one in each room) up and running again. Local electricity is about 6.9 cents per kWH, so using crunching systems to both do research and heat rooms at the same time is kind of handy.

My youngest son is getting married next month. Any extra I have is going into that event. I got tired of wrapping all the pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters I've saved over the years to help pay for the wedding, so I came here to poke around.

Hi Steve,

Linux has a GUI Boinc client, used it myself on Fedora.

I'll see how high my Einstein score is next weeks using a bunch of low end and mid range GPUs/APUs, but 70k a day might be possible
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-22-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lux View Post
    There are several teams we are catching up with. We should catch one team in a few weeks and two more in just over a month and another in about a month and a half at this present rate. There is also one team catching up on us though. We would have to really kick it in gear, nearly doubling our output, to out pace them. Good work team!
    Passed SETI@Netherlands today, Sicituradastra still has not been able to pass us...

Sicituradastra just passed us today, and SETI@Netherlands is stepping up their effort.
    Other teams have stepped up as well.

And I just blew a HD 6670, d#$%%&d. But under guarantee, so I could exchange it for a card of the same price (they had no HD 6670 anymore)
    So now I have an extra Einstein card in the form of a 2Gb GT 630. As it will not run WCG for an unknown reason (a GT 440 will and is the same card essentially),
    it will soon be transferred into the wife's PC, because hers is slowed down by GPU WCG WUs running on her GT 430.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 10-25-2012 at 12:39 AM.

AMD Users is at 124,139,127 credits today, we passed LIGO@LLO on the 11th of November (Pocky Day),
    SETI@Netherlands is still behind us (even behind LIGO@LLO), and now we're in pursuit of OcUK - Overclockers UK, a tough cookie to crack though.

EDIT: My credit for Einstein is actually far better than showing, and I have an unholy queue of pending results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12