Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making Money using your GPU's = Bitcoins

I did install and run F@H about a year ago, only messed with it for two hours or so, abandon it for much the same reason, couldn't get it to play nice with BOINC. I would love to run it though, maybe someone here who has more experience with F@H can help me set it up to run along side. I'm sure it's just some setting or tweak I didn't do but I remember it took nearly an entire CPU core. Ideally I would like it to be 5% like when BOINC uses GPU, but I'll still run it if I can get it below 20%

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Some of the BOINC GPGPU clients can use up to 100% of a cpu.
    The FaH GPGPU client needs the cpu to keep it fed. It is blazing fast.

I would approach this by configuring BOINC to use 1 less CPU core than is available on the machine.
    That would keep the FaH client busy and BOINC would not be competing with it for the resource on that core.
    I'm not sure if the FaH client has a 'suspend on use' to put the client into sleep mode when someone is at the controls and expecting a non-laggy desktop experience.
    I haven't tried it in a while myself so I'm not sure.
    I know they keep improving.

Is there an expert in the house?

Steve, Jason, vaughan, Frederic all do Fah and BOINC that can give you better advice on this than me and stop by regularly.
    If they don't chime in shortly I'll send out some PMs.
    Last edited by AMDave; 10-24-2011 at 02:17 PM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

I do F@H on my PS3, but it has been offline the last 2 weeks because I was playing GT5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12