Thread: AMD FX gets Guiness record for highest CPU clock frequency of 8.429 Ghz.

AMD FX gets Guiness record for highest CPU clock frequency of 8.429 Ghz.

Read the article on Physorg.com:

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-09-...x-guiness.html

Of course, you'll be unlikely to be able to repeat this record at home within the next 5 years. Within the next 10? Possibly. Hopefully we'll get a chance to see.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    That is impressive, but as they say disabling 2 of the 4 cores probably helped a lot to keep the CPU stable.
    But still even if it was just a single core at 8.4GHZ it would rank head to head against many duals and some quad cores out there.

Now if only liquid nitrogen was sold cheaply at NewEgg...

I actually have built 2 systems with FX CPUs now. the one I am currently typing on is the FX-4100 @3.6GHz. it is very fast! I have parts coming in a couple days for a second system with the same CPU. The other one I built was the FX-6100. unless you are doing a lot of multi-tasking I would almost say the Quad core is the better bang for the buck since it is clocked higher stock. (if these systems were for myself, that would be a different story of course!!)

current system:
    FX-4100
    8GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz Ripjaws
    120GB Scandisk Ultra SSD (never used Scandisk for a drive before.. so far it is really stable)
    2TB Seagate Barracuda for storage
    Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 motherboard (I still like the old fashioned BOIS lol)
    HIS Radeon 6570 1GB Gfx card
    530W Raidmax RX-530SS PSU
    annoyingly small ATX Apevia "Trooper" case.. I added an extra fan, but it is really tight.. not ordering again!

This system is also completely silent! even the CPU and GPU fans are very quiet!!

Win 7 ratings:

oh and Boinc's benchmark gives it 2673 floating point and 9209 integer.
    Last edited by PcManiac; 12-20-2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: boinc benchmark
    If you can't make it ... Don't come!
    http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2007/race4b.htm

very cool! I would like to try the 8 core at some crunching to see how it compares to the phenom. I don't believe many benchmarks are helpful to a cruncher as they seem to miss the boat on multicore testing.

There is a place where all CPUs/GPUs for all projects are compared, a product of WuProp@home: http://wuprop.boinc-af.org/results/delai.py, this could give a good insight in the strength/weaknesses of some of the combinations.