Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748

Thread: ototeros stats

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    @Neogen - I know exactly what you mean. But sometimes we like to challenge our sensibilities, so I dug it up anyway :P

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    ... @AMDave - I could put the Linux Xeons on WEP-M to expedite the overtake if you like?
    Of course you can ... but I'd recommend you load-shed during the afternoon, turn the A/C off and open the windows.
    We are definitely having a much much warmer winter than usual.

That said, we are set for a few days of cool over the next week so opening the window, as a good winter strategy, has finally started to become viable again.
    I'll tie in a few more cores as well, but I'm still not approaching my baseline target of 10pct of your score. I am taking the tortoise philosophy on this one ;)

I almost bought a HP-D series 4U server for next-to-nothing - huge amount of RAM and lots of cores - for myself last month until I heard the darned thing SCREEEEEAM when they turned it on.
    I'd forgotten how quiet it is in the data center when the electrons stop flowing and how incredibly/painfully loud it is in the data center when they start flowing again.
    Nice specs except for the decibels and the power consumption. Nowhere near the specs of Jason's cluster though. Dammit, I still wish I'd bought that before he did. haha.
    Last edited by AMDave; 06-23-2016 at 09:47 AM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
    I almost bought a HP-D series 4U server for next-to-nothing - huge amount of RAM and lots of cores - for myself last month until I heard the darned thing SCREEEEEAM when they turned it on.
    Reminds my of my dual P-III 1000 Compaq Proliant DL360,

or -even worse, as it needs two power plugs and won't start without all noisy 5000 rpm 120mm fans enabled- my dual Xeon-III 500 Proliant Ml570

I had promised the bloody thing to FreeHAL, but the project admin wanted me to pay for the shipping. The thing weights more than 50 kg....
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 06-25-2016 at 12:29 AM.

Site Admin
    @vaughan -
    pass done.
    We have a lot of pending validation in the WEP-M2 queue now that will last for a while before we need to top up.
    Suggest move xeons to nns for a few weeks )I'll try for another Bok) & itmt watch to see if they flinch on WEP-M2 :P
    . . . . . ___

I am unable to join nns as they used the stupid BOINC wide teams and of course my email is blocked as usual.

Can someone post on their forum and tell them about their stupidity please?

Site Admin
    I PM'd Oleg directly. You should get an email in the next few days. Some of it might be in Ukranian.
    . . . . . ___

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748