Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DNETC is down?

DNETC is down?

I haven't been able to access the website or upload any workunits in the last 2-3 days, anyone have any news of why project servers are down? I literally have over 300 WUs trying to upload right now.

no news, just move on to a backup project for now.

I found something out from BOINCStats forum.

Server is evidence in the investigation of p2p (I know it's ridiculous). Someone thought that we had a torrent tracker on the server. Now police are looking for pirated Windows ect between DNETC workunits.

As soon as we get our server back project will back online.

Sesef

Quote Originally Posted by liuqyn View Post
    no news, just move on to a backup project for now.
    One of the backups has gone belly-up as well: MilkyWay@Home's queue is longer than DNET's with me at the moment....

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    We should have a backup to cover for when the backup project is off too... Call it the backup of the backup? lol

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    We should have a backup to cover for when the backup project is off too... Call it the backup of the backup? lol
    Present situation makes my 3rd Ati-GPU project kick in: Collatz. If that fails I will retreat doing only GpuGrid as GPU project.
    GpuGrid seems to do black hole research on its own: you can score 100k a day and still drop in the rankings......
    If I win the lottery tomorrow I'll show what a didicated 24-core supercruncher can do with them, but for now

From http://boincstats.com/forum/forum_thread.php?id=6315: Any news on DNETC? Like if/when it will return?
    Nothing changed. We still waiting for our server... (Polish police working really slow ). We have to wait 2-3 months maybe more maybe less I can't give a precise date when we back, but I can promise we will back as soon as we get back server or hdds with backups to restore project on other machine.

DNETC seems to be crawling back to life. They have either their server back, or have started a new one. And to mark this fact they have granted NEGATIVE credits for some reason, which no doubt will be explained once the forum is up

they posted a news item on the 17th
    I have great news for you we are back. We didn't get our server back yet, but we have HDD with all backups.
    Now I'm restoring project from backup I think it will take about 1 day so we should start sending wu's tomorrow afternoon. Backup is from 4th Aprli 2010 23:30 CEST so there will be some point loss (Server was turned off about 16:30 CEST 5t Aprli)

Sesef
    personally, I lost 500k points due to them using just a one day old backup.

Interesting. So if they don't have the server back yet, then it sounds like the investigation is still going on or working it's way through the court system. Thus, it would live one to wonder that if the case isn't closed or settled yet, then are they going to lose another server with the restored backup once they start operating again as the initial issue that resulted in their hardware being consfiscated hasn't been settled? As they didn't say, it still leaves questions hanging in the air regarding their project.

As far as the interfacing goes with distributed.net, at least the other wrapper project's completed work units interface cleanly with distributed.net's daily stats run so that all rc5-72 work units count towards a team's progress. But then who knows, maybe I'm missing something here??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast