Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mersenne@home News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

Mersenne@home News

The first birthday of the Mersenne@home.
    Soon, 19.12.2011, Mersenne@home project will be celebrating its first birthday. On this occasion, a short team race was organized. I strongly encourage all teams to participate in it :)You can now noticed shortage of tasks for the Tdt application. This is a temporary state, due to preparations to the race.New Tdt applications brought a significant increase in performance and, therefore, the scoring for these tasks will be corrected.

More...

The Mersenne challenge has been organised by our worthy adversaries from Boinc@Poland, who keep the present Simap race so exciting.
    And this challenges does not overlap with others, so I'd say join the fun and ask santa for more up-to-date hardware

I've signed our team up for this challenge. Pity there are so few tasks available. I'm bailing out when I reach 5 Million.

I've yet to reach the first 10k for this project, so I'm in for some months/years before I have enough!

Come on guys, we are doing OK in this race. Just 2 days to go. Let's fire up all those CPUs.

Can't fire them all up, it will blow the fuses here at home. Besides, my oldest computers go back to the 80286 era...a Harris 80286-20 actually.
    All that is of any practical value runs, and I will soon overtake Lazykiller for the #8 position in the team for this project. Nflight (not active at the moment) is my next target, and I might even reach The Old Sourdough (not active at the moment) before the challenge runs out!
    Vaughan, Liuqyn and B Johansson are doing all the hard work, while I trail way after them and lazykiller trails after me. Liuqyn has just passed AMDave, who now is at #4 and not active in this challenge, as is our #5, sentient_life.

Do you think we can catch BOINC@Heidelberg?

Not with the present effort, no. If you have a spare powerplant and a 48-core clusterserver, who knows?
    Seeing you score 20x as much in a day as I do, you must by now have some 2000 results pending,
    good for 100,000 credits, or am I wrong?
    You hope they will all count for the challenge, as will Liuqyn's and B Johansson's? Them Heidelbergies might have pending results as well...
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-21-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Do you think we can catch BOINC@Heidelberg?
    You can make a #3 world-wide I guess, at this rate!

Here's 10 more cores...
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast