Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February Competitions

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    I joined through that link, and have now downloaded my first WU, so that all credits count for the Team.

I created the account and logged in, and did a teams search and found our Team among others. I noticed that some other teams (possibly not all) had the "Join this Team" link visible but ours for some reason didn't. I've seen this happen in a number of other new projects, it seems it's a default setting of some sort that is turned off or not working well upon team creation. Not sure exactly about the fix though, but some teams can have the link up and visible.
    Maybe after creating a team, we have to set it to not allow members joining, save, and then set it to allow members joining and save again? To do a settings refresh of sorts... who knows?

EDIT: Is there anyone else that has not joined yet, that could join the project and double check after me? I am already on the Team, so I am not able to see the link now even if it was fixed.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 01-30-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Was able to join without any problem. There was a line "Join this team" that I had to click twice and I was in.
    Howdee! The first WU is already running....

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    Thanks Neo, I made it after a good example!
    Pity I can't place it where it should be, but perhaps you can get it there
    Couldn't find an easy way to turn it into an Article, but I moved it to the Members Lounge so this way more people can join in on the fun.

Hi NeoGen,

It is just that our homepage still shows the October Competitions of last year.
    I can't make an active page that will replace that with the February ones.

Simap has now started, but there are no WUs yet, lol
    Rosetta is, as the Russians promised, some 4 hours from now. Who lives in GMT -4?
    I bet their CPUs are already glowing dark red from the moment it was 00:00:00 in Russia, a country with more time zones than I have active cores.

Site Admin
    Hi NeoGen,

It is just that our homepage still shows the October Competitions of last year.
    I can't make an active page that will replace that with the February ones.
    Yes, I that's what I was talking about, I believe it's called an Article. It's a special kind of post that does not land on any specific forums, it has it's own little place somewhere in the databases.
    After created has to be approved and published by an administrator and then it will show up in that top section.
    Last night I was hoping to find some shortcut to turn your post into article but there wasn't one anywhere to be found. Since no one gave it a try yet I think I'll create an article from scratch, do some good old copy-pasting work with your post and hope one of the Admins sees it and gets it up in the articles section.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Promoted to Article. Thanks Dirk!
    Last edited by AMDave; 02-01-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Thanks AMDave!

February Competitions 3.0

Version 3.0:
    Hello everyone! Version 2.0 of the February competitions!
    Here's what we got now for the month of February...

February 1 to February 8 - SIMAP February 2012 Scramble
    Organised as usual by BOINCStats, this challenge will be the monthly Simap@Home challenge.
    We have at least 14 active members on this project, the team's #5, Björn Johansson, being the most active at the moment.

We joined later and despite the WUs ran out at the end of the challenge managed a 12nd place out of 21.
    Björn Johansson was our best memeber at #184.

February 1 to February 8 - Winter Protein Race
    Organised by Russia Team, this challenge will be for Rosetta@Home.
    As the Ruskies are in a different time zone (Moskow is at GMT +3, afaik) the challenge will begin on 2012-02-01 at 04:00 GMT and end 2012-02-08 04:00 GMT, at least....that's what on the site for now. I personally would not be surprised when they actually begin 2012-01-31 20:00 GMT (4 hours time difference to the other way). We have more than 20 active members on this project.

We managed a 7th place out of 32 and Titus, our most active member for this project at the moment, even managed a 10th place out of 1369.

February 6 to February 13 - The newest grid chalenge in 2012
    Organised by IBM Hungary, this challenge is for World Community Grid. And yes, they forgot a 'l' in challenge, I did not.
    This is another chance for a good result after our 4th place at Australia Day end date. They might want to think about a new color for Jason's badges at the end if he keeps up his pace, but he is not the only one that's active at this project, I counted more than 35 active members.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=181

We're at #3 out of 24 teams now, with Jason as our best member at #1 out of 1460 participants

February 10 to February 17 - On a way to a Latin square
    Organised by Crystal Dream, this is a challenge for SAT@Home. We have only 7 members who were ever active, and 3 who were in the last 7 days. Perhaps your best chance ever to end up in the team top-10 for this project. Our most active member at the moment is sentient_life, but lazykiller has the most recent results.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challenges...tails&chid=184

February 17 to February 24 - SLinCA@Home aceleración
    Organized by Colombia, this is a challenge for SLinCA@Home. We are already entered!

http://boincstats.com/bam/challenges...tails&chid=185

February 21 to February 28 - SETI@Home Quarterly Challenge
    A Seti@Home challenge, organised by SETI.USA. Didn't it all start with Seti@Home? For me it did.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challenges...tails&chid=189

On a personal level you can enjoy PrimeGrid's Tour de Prime this month

March Competitions

Are there competitions in March? Sure. As a matter of fact there is one challenge, issued very late, that began in late February and continues into March. Needless to say we did not enter, as we were already busy with other challenges, and did quite well with good-old-Seti! What can we do this time?

March 1 to March 7 - Divide & Conquer
    BOINC@POLAND has organised a Mersenne@home challenge. We are already entered, and from the 15 members with scores on this project six can be counted as regulars, with Vaughan and B Johansson as the ones with the highest total scores.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=187

March 1 to March 8 - SIMAP March Madness
    SETI.USA has planned a Simap challenge in this time frame, but as there were no WUs yet they tried to alter the dates. Then the WUs arrived early....
    For now we await the new time frame. We have 133 members with a score on Simap, and some 20 of them can be counted as active. Fortunately late entries are allowed.
    Can you run Mersenne and Simap simultaniously? Well, apart from the fact that they are both CPU projects, why not?
    Mersenne is very much optimized for each recent CPU family, while Simap might even run on me olde K6III-400 and other old beasties I collected.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=192

March 20 to March 27 - The March Equinox Challenge
    Frome the name of the challenge you'd think it to be PrimeGrid, but no: Correlizer.
    We have 12 members with a score, and only four of them are active.
    As yet we do not participate, so perhaps a great chance to end up in the team top-10 for this project, or just to reach the magic 10k barrier.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=190
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-29-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Simap WUs came off

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast