Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: February Competitions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

February Competitions

Hello everyone! Welcome to another month of competitions!

Forgive the delay, but NeoGen's free time has been shrunk to below the minimum, or sometimes none at all, since he started working on his new job in the begining of somewhere last year.
    Moving on, here's what we got for the month of February...

February 1 to February 8 - Winter Protein Race
    Organised by Russia Team, this challenge will be for Rosetta@Home.
    As the Ruskies are in a different time zone (Moskow is at GMT +3, afaik) the challenge will begin on 2012-02-01 at 04:00 GMT and end 2012-02-08 04:00 GMT, at least....that's what on the site for now. I personally would not be surprised when they actually begin 2012-01-31 20:00 GMT (4 hours time difference to the other way). At the moment we're not participating yet, but we have more than 20 active members on this project.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=180

February 6 to February 13 - The newest grid chalenge in 2012
    Organised by IBM Hungary, this challenge is for World Community Grid. And yes, they forgot a 'l' in challenge, I did not.
    This is another chance for a good result after our 4th place at Australia Day end date. They might want to think about a new color for Jason's badges at the end if he keeps up his pace, but he is not the only one that's active at this project, I counted more than 35 active members. At the moment we not yet participate.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=181

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Props to you Sir for a very well presented contests thread!
    And you are correct, I have had barely enough time to drop by and (try to) keep up with what is going on in the AMD Universe. But I trust you and our fellow AMD Users will be able to fill in for me until I finish reorganizing my priorities and securing my job post, which is very important in these dark ages of economy worldwide.

But moving on to good news, I have been making some savings for a while, so hopefully this quarter I will be investing on another AMD cruncher, whose main function will be my personal database and source code server appliance, for my own little programming experiments. Of course that will not even use 1% of the system resources, but I plan on keeping it *very* busy crunching day and night!
    But more to come on that soon on a future thread, as I am still finalizing the budget estimates and the list of parts I want to get!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Props to you Sir for a very well presented contests thread!
    Thanks Neo, I made it after a good example!
    Pity I can't place it where it should be, but perhaps you can get it there

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    Thanks Neo, I made it after a good example!
    Pity I can't place it where it should be, but perhaps you can get it there
    Couldn't find an easy way to turn it into an Article, but I moved it to the Members Lounge so this way more people can join in on the fun.

Hi NeoGen,

It is just that our homepage still shows the October Competitions of last year.
    I can't make an active page that will replace that with the February ones.

Site Admin
    Hi NeoGen,

It is just that our homepage still shows the October Competitions of last year.
    I can't make an active page that will replace that with the February ones.
    Yes, I that's what I was talking about, I believe it's called an Article. It's a special kind of post that does not land on any specific forums, it has it's own little place somewhere in the databases.
    After created has to be approved and published by an administrator and then it will show up in that top section.
    Last night I was hoping to find some shortcut to turn your post into article but there wasn't one anywhere to be found. Since no one gave it a try yet I think I'll create an article from scratch, do some good old copy-pasting work with your post and hope one of the Admins sees it and gets it up in the articles section.

AMD Users has now signed up for both these challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    AMD Users has now signed up for both these challenges.
    Thanks Vaughan, I'll keep an eye out for future challenges as well.

February competitions 2.0

Thanks Vaughan, I'll keep an eye out for future challenges as well.
    Hello everyone! Version 2.0 of the February competitions!
    Here's what we got now for the month of February...

February 1 to February 8 - SIMAP February 2012 Scramble
    Organised as usual by BOINCStats, this challenge will be the monthly Simap@Home challenge.
    At the moment we're not participating yet, but we have at least 14 active members on this project, the team's #5, Björn Johansson, being the most active at the moment.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=183

As the Ruskies are in a different time zone (Moskow is at GMT +3, afaik) the challenge will begin on 2012-02-01 at 04:00 GMT and end 2012-02-08 04:00 GMT, at least....that's what on the site for now. I personally would not be surprised when they actually begin 2012-01-31 20:00 GMT (4 hours time difference to the other way). At the moment we're not participating yet, but we have more than 20 active members on this project.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=180

Organised by IBM Hungary, this challenge is for World Community Grid. And yes, they forgot a 'l' in challenge, I did not.
    This is another chance for a good result after our 4th place at Australia Day end date. They might want to think about a new color for Jason's badges at the end if he keeps up his pace, but he is not the only one that's active at this project, I counted more than 35 active members.

February 10 to February 17 - On a way to a Latin square
    Organised by Crystal Dream, this is a challenge for SAT@Home. We have only 7 members who were ever active, and 3 who were in the last 7 days. Perhaps your best chance ever to end up in the team top-10 for this project. Our most active member at the moment is sentient_life, but lazykiller has the most recent results. At the moment we do not yet participate.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challenges...tails&chid=184

On a personal level you can enjoy PrimeGrid's Tour de Prime this month
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-01-2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: ca -> can

February Competitions 3.0

Version 3.0:
    Hello everyone! Version 2.0 of the February competitions!
    Here's what we got now for the month of February...

February 1 to February 8 - SIMAP February 2012 Scramble
    Organised as usual by BOINCStats, this challenge will be the monthly Simap@Home challenge.
    We have at least 14 active members on this project, the team's #5, Björn Johansson, being the most active at the moment.

We joined later and despite the WUs ran out at the end of the challenge managed a 12nd place out of 21.
    Björn Johansson was our best memeber at #184.

As the Ruskies are in a different time zone (Moskow is at GMT +3, afaik) the challenge will begin on 2012-02-01 at 04:00 GMT and end 2012-02-08 04:00 GMT, at least....that's what on the site for now. I personally would not be surprised when they actually begin 2012-01-31 20:00 GMT (4 hours time difference to the other way). We have more than 20 active members on this project.

We managed a 7th place out of 32 and Titus, our most active member for this project at the moment, even managed a 10th place out of 1369.

This is another chance for a good result after our 4th place at Australia Day end date. They might want to think about a new color for Jason's badges at the end if he keeps up his pace, but he is not the only one that's active at this project, I counted more than 35 active members.

We're at #3 out of 24 teams now, with Jason as our best member at #1 out of 1460 participants

February 10 to February 17 - On a way to a Latin square
    Organised by Crystal Dream, this is a challenge for SAT@Home. We have only 7 members who were ever active, and 3 who were in the last 7 days. Perhaps your best chance ever to end up in the team top-10 for this project. Our most active member at the moment is sentient_life, but lazykiller has the most recent results.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challenges...tails&chid=184

February 17 to February 24 - SLinCA@Home aceleración
    Organized by Colombia, this is a challenge for SLinCA@Home. We are already entered!

http://boincstats.com/bam/challenges...tails&chid=185

February 21 to February 28 - SETI@Home Quarterly Challenge
    A Seti@Home challenge, organised by SETI.USA. Didn't it all start with Seti@Home? For me it did.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challenges...tails&chid=189

On a personal level you can enjoy PrimeGrid's Tour de Prime this month

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast