Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: February Competitions

February Competitions

Hello everyone! Welcome to another month of competitions!

Forgive the delay, but NeoGen's free time has been shrunk to below the minimum, or sometimes none at all, since he started working on his new job in the begining of somewhere last year.
    Moving on, here's what we got for the month of February...

February 1 to February 8 - Winter Protein Race
    Organised by Russia Team, this challenge will be for Rosetta@Home.
    As the Ruskies are in a different time zone (Moskow is at GMT +3, afaik) the challenge will begin on 2012-02-01 at 04:00 GMT and end 2012-02-08 04:00 GMT, at least....that's what on the site for now. I personally would not be surprised when they actually begin 2012-01-31 20:00 GMT (4 hours time difference to the other way). At the moment we're not participating yet, but we have more than 20 active members on this project.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=180

February 6 to February 13 - The newest grid chalenge in 2012
    Organised by IBM Hungary, this challenge is for World Community Grid. And yes, they forgot a 'l' in challenge, I did not.
    This is another chance for a good result after our 4th place at Australia Day end date. They might want to think about a new color for Jason's badges at the end if he keeps up his pace, but he is not the only one that's active at this project, I counted more than 35 active members. At the moment we not yet participate.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=181

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Props to you Sir for a very well presented contests thread!
    And you are correct, I have had barely enough time to drop by and (try to) keep up with what is going on in the AMD Universe. But I trust you and our fellow AMD Users will be able to fill in for me until I finish reorganizing my priorities and securing my job post, which is very important in these dark ages of economy worldwide.

But moving on to good news, I have been making some savings for a while, so hopefully this quarter I will be investing on another AMD cruncher, whose main function will be my personal database and source code server appliance, for my own little programming experiments. Of course that will not even use 1% of the system resources, but I plan on keeping it *very* busy crunching day and night!
    But more to come on that soon on a future thread, as I am still finalizing the budget estimates and the list of parts I want to get!

AMD Users has now signed up for both these challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Props to you Sir for a very well presented contests thread!
    Thanks Neo, I made it after a good example!
    Pity I can't place it where it should be, but perhaps you can get it there

I would like to participate if I can muster the time allowance window. My life has been very busy lately and I really need to stay on point with my personal life as much as I can. AMDusers crunching will always be part of me even though you might not hear from me for days or even weeks on end. Crunch on Ladies and Gentlemen!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    AMD Users has now signed up for both these challenges.
    Thanks Vaughan, I'll keep an eye out for future challenges as well.

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I would like to participate if I can muster the time allowance window. My life has been very busy lately and I really need to stay on point with my personal life as much as I can. AMDusers crunching will always be part of me even though you might not hear from me for days or even weeks on end. Crunch on Ladies and Gentlemen!
    You and me both Nflight...

February competitions 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    Thanks Vaughan, I'll keep an eye out for future challenges as well.
    Hello everyone! Version 2.0 of the February competitions!
    Here's what we got now for the month of February...

February 1 to February 8 - SIMAP February 2012 Scramble
    Organised as usual by BOINCStats, this challenge will be the monthly Simap@Home challenge.
    At the moment we're not participating yet, but we have at least 14 active members on this project, the team's #5, Björn Johansson, being the most active at the moment.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=183

February 1 to February 8 - Winter Protein Race
    Organised by Russia Team, this challenge will be for Rosetta@Home.
    As the Ruskies are in a different time zone (Moskow is at GMT +3, afaik) the challenge will begin on 2012-02-01 at 04:00 GMT and end 2012-02-08 04:00 GMT, at least....that's what on the site for now. I personally would not be surprised when they actually begin 2012-01-31 20:00 GMT (4 hours time difference to the other way). At the moment we're not participating yet, but we have more than 20 active members on this project.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=180

February 6 to February 13 - The newest grid chalenge in 2012
    Organised by IBM Hungary, this challenge is for World Community Grid. And yes, they forgot a 'l' in challenge, I did not.
    This is another chance for a good result after our 4th place at Australia Day end date. They might want to think about a new color for Jason's badges at the end if he keeps up his pace, but he is not the only one that's active at this project, I counted more than 35 active members.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=181

February 10 to February 17 - On a way to a Latin square
    Organised by Crystal Dream, this is a challenge for SAT@Home. We have only 7 members who were ever active, and 3 who were in the last 7 days. Perhaps your best chance ever to end up in the team top-10 for this project. Our most active member at the moment is sentient_life, but lazykiller has the most recent results. At the moment we do not yet participate.

http://boincstats.com/bam/challenges...tails&chid=184

On a personal level you can enjoy PrimeGrid's Tour de Prime this month
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-01-2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: ca -> can

Site Admin
    Cool.. you just showed me to a project I didn't know yet, SAT@Home.

AMDave, you are the founder of the Team at SAT@Home... please enable member joining. I just created my account and was going to join but our team does not have a "Join this Team" link.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    It is enabled.
    6 others have joined already.
    Did you log into your account first?

Others have had the same problem joining their teams (per Message Board posts)

Try again with these work-around steps:
    1 - log in to your account page first.
    2 - Then open a new tab and paste in this URL "http://sat.isa.ru/pdsat/team_join_form.php?id=6"
    3 - click the Join Team button

That should complete it for you.
    Oleg was under the perception that he had fixed this problem in Oct/Nov last year.
    Last edited by AMDave; 01-30-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast