Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am back in business!!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

I am back in business!!

After a tragic death of my power supply last week that brought down my main machine (AMD Phenom II X6 1100T), I am now back in business and posting from my computer again.

I am now the proud owner of a fully modular, 80 Plus Platinum Certified, Crossfire and SLI ready, SeaSonic Platinum 860W!
    http://www.seasonicusa.com/Platinum_Series.htm

I chose it for mainly two reasons, it's 80 Plus Platinum Certified, and has a 7 year warranty! I also liked that it was fully modular as I have no intention of going back to power supplies with tons of cables running around.

I am not using even 50% of its capacity right now, with only a X6 1100T, a GeForce 9600, and a few hard drives connected to it, but I intend to build up on this machine and get a couple of good Radeon 7xxx GPUs in the future to really make it roar.

I must say that SeaSonic make the fanciest packages I've seen in a while, inside the box the power supply came in a very nice cloth bag, surrounded by protective foam, and the cables came on a separate two opening bag with the SeaSonic Platinum logo and split on one side Motherboard and CPU cables, and on the other side PCI, Sata and IDE cables.

And now, it is time to get the machine back up and crunching hard!

congrats guy!!! :-)

Good luck with that new p/s NeoGen. My last Seasonic only survived for about 18 months of 24/7 usage. I now buy Corsair Gold AX series modular power supplies. Touch wood ... no problems so far (got 10 of them running 16/7 these days).

Site Admin
    I am indeed hoping to have better luck with this one, but in any case I will be holding SeaSonic accountable for any failures until 2019! You got to love 7 year warranty.

I just wonder what 2019 will bring, compter-wise.
    7 years ago, a 860 Watt PSU was HUGE. But so was 16 Gb of RAM, or a raid array using 500 Gb disks.
    Quad still meant 4 CPUs and 3 Gb of memory on a video card was unheard of.

saweeeeet!

yeah, i'm pretty faithful to PC Power & Cooling since i had a cheapo Antec die, and Antec themselves said in essence that that particular line was crappy, to return it, and get a different line of PSUs.

I have OCZ ModXStream Pro's in my latest system builds, no more El Cheapo's for me either

Man that Seasonic PS sounds great.. lots of watts and the extras sound good too.

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

Site Admin
    So far I am very happy with it. It's been working relentlessly day and night without any problems, whenever I come home and see the computer off it means there was a power grid failure, and not like before when I had the old power supply and sometimes the computer would shut off for no apparent reason. (Until the day it just died)
    I am still saving $$ for a couple of big bad Radeon 7xxx, so far the PS is still not up to its full potential, but when I set those in then it will be really pushed hard.

Glad your machine is back up and running. It is never fun to have your crunchers offline due to a hardware failure. I have been buying 80 plus certified(active Power Factor Correction) stuff to replace old cheapo power supplies. I now have several cx430 watt corsair 80 plus certified. when they get down to 20 after mail in rebate it is hard to pass up. I also recently had my BFG 1000 watt PSU fail and it has been replaced with PC power and cooling 750 watt 80 plus silver certified. I was watching videos on youtube and one mentioned some of the corsair power supplies being made by seasonic. Has anybody else seen any info on this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast