Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Priority low, uneven sharing?

Priority low, uneven sharing?

Hi,
    Just wondering if someone has found the fix.

I figure that Eon's client doesn't share, even though it is low priority, because it has alot of built in non-low routines?!?

tks.

some programs are not good for sharing, try in task manager setting it to low priority as well as in the client. i cant say i have ank knowledge of eon so cant really help but im sure Vaughan will when he is online.

ok again, weird

I'm trying the program-background and program system cache options(winxp)
    I set for system-cache and rebooted and they play well again, but something may change, probably/usually when Boinc project focus changes. ( climate prediction uses big cache )
    I still believe that the background option will do something permanent if anything simple is to work.

Idea from this link:
    http://www.mdgx.com/newtip16.htm#CPUPR
    - my Win32PrioritySeparation was still at 2 after system-cache change.

its usually best just to run 1 prooject at a time, very few work well together and even then 1 tends to hog the resources in a 70:30 split or something similar

Conformity eh?

I refer you to K.D.Lang's song Constant Craving.

I cannot get the new eOn client to work yet. I completed 1 task using the Windows client from a CMD line. Seemed pretty quick, about 3 or 4 minutes. I saw it send and receive a new task then I stopped. Today there is no increment in the official stats. (Still no team stats either). I checked Bok's stats - I went down several hundred tasks - "not happy Jan!" (AMDave will understand this phrase).

I use Igor Arsensin's TaskInfo to monitor thread priorities.
    http://www.iarsn.com/taskinfo.html

I just started client again, and I got Dimer going.
    try again maybe?
    I've been getting Dimer to work all day as needed.
    hmmm, more info please.

Assuming you got the latest client from texas server?
    http://eon.cm.utexas.edu/

I 've noticed stats are yuck slow, but learning to proxy-server my machine right now, woohoo, Boinc on LAN'ed computers.
    - So, I'm in no hurry.

just got another for Dimer.
    Yes, they are way fast to crunch. (win xp 3200+)

edit add:
    Since my change to system-cache priority (win xp) they have been playing very well together. Will post any fowl <---- hehe play here if I catch one plucking the others feathers.

:thumbleft:

About 3 minutes each dimer on an xp3200+ sounds right. Are you getting your stats updated correctly on the Texas site? How about on Bok's site?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast