Thread: July Competitions

July Competitions

And then it was already July!

June 29 to July 31 - Small Team Race - July 2012
    We're already in it, and hold an 8th place currently. Its about returned results for all projects, organized by Team Thompson.
    http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/te...allengeId=4939

June 30 to July 31 - To Eliminate AIDS - July 2012
    Another challenge that we're already in by he time you read this. I have no standings yet though. The goal of this challenge is to get as many points in the FightAIDS@Home project.
    http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/te...allengeId=4940

July 1 to July 31 - MOT
    MOT is actually the name of three different WCG challenges organized by MOT (MyOnlineTeam), all three for all projects but of three different types: Points, running time and number of returned results. We take part in the points and running time versions.
    http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/te...allengeId=4941
    http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/te...allengeId=4942

July 2 to July 9 - The June 2012 SIMAP scramble
    The monthly Simap scramble! As Willy of BOINCStats already said "Because there is no work yout the challenge is postponed until Monda" (He must be using an ancient IBM AT keyboard, or he spilled his coffee in a more modern one). You may have read the interview I had last month with some of the contenders and members of the audience. The next part is in the making! (honest!) I'll be interviewing some odd ones out, and actual contending machines of mine. We are currently #32 of the world and 17 of our members are active out of a total of 133 with results for this project. Our most productive member last month was bender10, let's see if he can repeat it.
    http://boincstats.com/en/stats/challenge/team/chat/225

July 3 to July 10 - test new applications
    Team Columbia has another interesting challenge, testing a new applications for Albert@Home, the beta version of Einstein@Home.
    http://boincstats.com/en/stats/challenge/team/chat/223
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 06-30-2012 at 11:32 PM.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    cripes that came around fast. so much to do.

Published.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

ouer ... this is a tough call. i usually don't like crunching in July / August as computers have to fight A/C (and it's been hotter this year than usual, including forest fires and record breaking temps).

btw, anyone know if WCG is offering GPU units yet?

I don't think WCG has a GPU app yet.

Its been nice and cold here, some nights down to 4C so my a/c has been off and the window wide open. Computers on full blast and the server room is a cosy 28C. Just loving Winter here.

I'm guessing they are still working on the errors they have seen in the last batch of beta. It sounds like they found a bug and it helped the 5870 out that we had as we saw no invalids or errors on it. The 5770 didn't do as well so we may try a driver change and/or losing the overclock to see on the next batch. I'm not sure how many more beta runs they will need to get the bugs worked out. They have a thread on the last beta run with what cards had errors and valid.

I am down to a few laptops at my location because of the heat. The a/c is already working hard enough without fighting the heat of the normal crunchers running. I'll have a large enough bill when they launch HCC for the GPU at WCG

yeah, i wouldn't mind 17-25 watt Trinitying-up my ever-increasingly frustrating Zacate E-350 HTPC for crunching year round when not watching tv/movies on it.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    I don't think WCG has a GPU app yet.

Its been nice and cold here, some nights down to 4C so my a/c has been off and the window wide open. Computers on full blast and the server room is a cosy 28C. Just loving Winter here.
    It ain't winter if you can't skate

Quote Originally Posted by plonk420 View Post
    yeah, i wouldn't mind 17-25 watt Trinitying-up my ever-increasingly frustrating Zacate E-350 HTPC for crunching year round when not watching tv/movies on it.
    And I guess this just won't be enough of an improvement:

E-450 based mini-ITX

E-450 based micro-ATX

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    And then it was already July!
    ...And again, but now in 2013!

July 1 to July 8 - Simap July 2013 Scramble
    The monthly Simap scramble! Tamaster and Vaughan have taken the lead this edition.
    Simap Scramble chatpage

July 4 to July 5 - [Twenty Four 009] Independence Day Crunch
    Ninth edition of the serie of challenges between teams [Twenty Four] issued by the french team "BRIGADE DU COSMOS". [Twenty Four] serie of challenges aims to celebrate important dates in the history of our world (yesterday and today). 24 hours of intense crunch tribute to our history ! This month, we celebrate an event that changed the fate of the American Colonies but also the fate of the World ! July 04, 1776, the American Colonies declared themselves independent and freed themselves from the ties that bounded them to Great Britain. An ambitious and courageous political process which was followed by the War of Independence, the birth of the United States of America but also by the creation of the first (?) republic in modern History after the American Constitution was ratified in 1787. The challenge starts at 4:00 UTC : it will be midnight in Philadelphia and Boston who are the cradles of the United States. In God we trust. E pluribus unum. And we've never heard of the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands ?
    Independence Day chatpage

July 8 to July 15 - Sat@home: new task, new 64-bit application
    The name of this challenge says it all! We're testing a new 64-bit SAT application...Organized by Astronomy.Ru Forum
    new 64-bit application challenge chatpage

July 15 to July 22 - need to test many CPU tasks
    Team Columbia has another interesting challenge, testing a new applications for Seti@Home, by running a challenge in Seti@Home Beta
    test many CPU tasks chatpage

July 25 to August 1 - NumberFields Clean Sweep Challenge
    Seti.USA wants us to mow the NumberFields for the final tier of the decic search over Q(i), which is 75% done by now.
    NumberFields Clean Sweep chatpage

July 29 to August 1 - Crunch with the best, or lunch with the rest ! Season 1 - Episode 7-12 : Sea, Sex and Sun !
    Crunch with the best, or lunch with the rest !" : first season (vintage 2013) with 12 episodes issued by the french team "BRIGADE DU COSMOS" ! 1 episode each month consisting of 72 hours of challenge. The title of each episode will be in relation of the month challenge. For this seventh edition : Suntan oil, hot sand, bikinis and sea out of sight... At the end of July, what better crunching on the sand watching the boys and the girls parading ! :p Happy holidays to everyone ! And especially happy crunching !
    Sea, Sex and Sun chatpage
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 07-01-2013 at 07:45 AM.