Thread: Mersenne@home News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

Mersenne@home News

Project shutdown.
    I regret inform that unfortunately I have no further possibility of engaging in and maintaining the project. Therefore, I decided to turn it off. I'm sorry that it did not give this information earlier, but I was hoping that maybe is possible to do something so that this did not happen. I would also like to thank all the volunteers and the BOINC community for your support. I also encourage everyone to continue support other BOINC projects, and those particularly interested in the subject of Mersenne numbers, to the GIMPS project. At this site you can find all the divider from the project database. It will remain available for some time. Once again, I would like to thank all of you and good luck. -- Sebastian M. Bobrecki

More...

Very sad.

I was chasing a 10M on this project.

Darn, another one bites the dust.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Sad indeed...

I wish he could have given us a little more warning ahead of time, but you never know what circumstances happened in Real Life for him to have to pull the plug to the project.

Sebastian and his Mersenne@Home project are now in the Distributed Computing history, they will not be forgotten.

Is it a coincidence that NPLB stopped working today?
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    :P
    Haha. No. Well, I don't think so. I don't 'think' that servers have a tendency 'go out' in sympathy with each other, but I have been proven wrong on some things before. ;)
    We are investigating a hardware failure on/around the NPLB server. Unfortunately Gary is off-site at the moment so we don't have a pair of 'remote hands' to operate with. We might be working again by the end of the weekend if its just a network issue. Otherwise we have off system backups up to the previous day and can rebuild pretty quickly. Tested and proven.
    Apologies for the interruption.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------