Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best CPUs for Asteroids@Home

Lol, never heard of the clanks and all before! Interesting. The work unit supply issue appears to be resolved as things are flowing well again. As for the updates for the FDC stats, it depends on the project. Asteroids gets it once a day it looks like. Hard to tell cause those google ads cover up half of the update info at the top of the screen. As for the Aussies..... :-) well I guess they can just add all they want to it as that helps the project out and in the end that's what it is all about anyway. They will get a good jump on us anyway in a few more days for a week as I'll be shutting down Friday morning, unless someone else dives in. But there's lots of projects, and everyone has their favorites and that's the way the game goes you know. :-) In the beginning I used to be rabid about the crunching but that's been years ago, and the hobby has really changed a lot since then. I crunch mainly now I guess because it's just in the blood and that's what I've had computers doing for years now. But the intensity isn't there like it used to be cause I just can't afford it anymore being a retired soul nowdays. That's for all the young ones and the rich ones. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    AFAIK:
    • Clanks are for the number of projects you are actively involved in (scores in the last 30 days or so).
    • Vaios are for the number of projects for which you are within the top 5 of your sign-up date.
    • Maxwells are for the projects/Mega Milestones you are within the top-100 (got mine for my Clank).
    • MiRBs are for the number of Mega Milestone you scored within the top-1000.

Terry's Mega Milestone look like

I was laughing at myself because I just never seem to pay attention. Thanks Dirk I really had never known what any of those were. I have seen references to a couple of them but just never looked.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    AFAIK:
    • Clanks are for the number of projects you are actively involved in (scores in the last 30 days or so).
    • Vaios are for the number of projects for which you are within the top 5 of your sign-up date.
    • Maxwells are for the projects/Mega Milestones you are within the top-100 (got mine for my Clank).
    • MiRBs are for the number of Mega Milestone you scored within the top-1000.

Terry's Mega Milestone look like
    Free_DC forum links regarding the specifics for the MMs - mega milestones
    http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...ghlight=Clanks
    trigggls are #projects where your score is between 10000 and 10100
    vaios are #projects where your createdaterank is < 5
    clanks are #projects where you have any score in the last28 days

same page:
    Boks are #projects where your score is between 100'000 and 101'000
    TeraBoks are #projects where your score is between 1'000'000 and 1'000'100

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...light=maxwells
    You get a Maxwell when you have at least half of what the top person in that category has

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...ghlight=Clanks
    So, you can get a Maxwell for Boks/TeraBoks/Trigggls/Clanks and Viaos
    maxwells are only calculated based on all the other MM's, so you can't get a maxwell for the number of maxwells you have

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...highlight=MiRB
    you get MiRBS when you are in the top 1000 of a project
    you can't get a MiRB for being in the top 1000 of MiRB's

You need to plan ahead for these.
    I used to have lots of trigggls but when they were created I already had a lot just over the limit
    Once I caught up as many as I could to trigggles I had to go for Boks
    So that meant that my clanks dropped - that even sounds amusing :P
    mosttag.jpg
    Last edited by AMDave; 08-27-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

I am completely re-edjucated on all possible stats regarding BOINC, thanks!
    All the more objectives doom up before me......

LMAO!!!!! Thanks Dave but in this case I think that for me ignorance is bliss. I think I'll just keep to my own little system. Stumble around and run something that catches my eye till I get bore with it and stumble on to something else. (Except Moo that I'll stay with till I get past Mikey) Got the walls up on my computer room today and plan on doing the roof Sunday. So sometime in Sept I should be able to move in and then I can expand the number of systems, I bought two 8 place KVM's just to get ready. I should be able to fill them up before next spring.
    Last edited by Terry1953; 08-28-2013 at 02:51 AM.

No new work in asteroids again, all my systems are empty. Time to look for another project I guess.

Site Admin
    "doom up before me" - Crickey! That's an outlook I'd not embraced before. (a typo? maybe you meant "loom"?)

I see it as - Opportunity knocks at every turn no matter what you decide to excel in
    I have been enjoying setting and getting MM targets for the last few years.
    Although one of my main targets now is a non MM - just a basic team rank average - if I can do that AND keep my MMs then I will have ticked more boxes than I thought possible.
    Still working on it.
    Very hard to do and taking some time, but it is still possible.
    Maybe between now and the end of this year I might get there.

Vision. It turns out to be quite a powerful word.
    . . . . . ___

You caught me there AMDave: I meant loom, yes! I also enjoyed setting and getting MM targets for the last year!

Quote Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
    Although one of my main targets now is a non MM - just a basic team rank average - if I can do that AND keep my MMs then I will have ticked more boxes than I thought possible.
    Still working on it. Very hard to do and taking some time, but it is still possible. Maybe between now and the end of this year I might get there.
    What is/are your goal(s) and where can you look it/them up? I try to push my own team rank average below 7 and I know that both Vaughan and Liuqyn have a lower average -and have more projects as well.

Site Admin
    I just go by my CPID page
    http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...62b4a13d14e350

Average team rank is in the upper left panel and MMs to the right.
    My goals are in my head - no. you can't look them up :P

I too seem have participated in quite a few projects.
    There are a few where I can push up the ranks to try to get my average down to 10.
    I started that particular goal with an average over 22.

I'm also trying to keep my RankP's down whilst maintaining my rank in Boks.
    I just got back into 2nd-outright from 2nd-equal at Boks this morning.
    Eventually I may have to give away the boks, but in the mean time there's a couple more projects left to go that can be got.
    . . . . . ___

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast